1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Fox Sports: Cowboys poised for playoffs

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Coy, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,262 Messages
    642 Likes Received
    This guy says the Cowboys will run the table, Hope he´s right :)

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...arrett-Jerry-Jones-poised-for-playoffs-111312

Before the 2012 NFL season started, I picked the Cowboys to qualify for the playoffs as one of the NFC’s two wildcard teams.

Naturally, I heard about it.

“Your obsession with the Cowboys and blatant man-crush on Tony Romo is not only disturbing, but it’s clouding your judgment. You happen to be one of my favorite NFL writers, but the odd love affair you have with Romo keeps you from becoming great,” wrote Tony C. from Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.

“The Dallas offensive line couldn’t stop a JV defensive line. This team isn’t winning six games dude,” wrote Brad P. from Orlando.

“Are you on Jerry’s payroll? I don’t get it. You pick them every year. Year after year. And they let you down ever year. You’re like a spurned lover. Just let go. You’ll feel so much better once you do. This is coming from a Cowboys fan!” wrote Kyle in San Antonio.

Well, we’re 10 weeks through the 2012 NFL season, the Cowboys are 4-5, and I’ve got a proclamation to make…

This team’s going to the playoffs.

Hear me out before you click the “X” box on the top of your web browser.

In their first nine games of the season, the Cowboys faced the defending Super Bowl champion Giants twice, lost games in Atlanta, Seattle, and Baltimore (three teams with a combined 14-0 record at home), and beat the 5-4 Buccaneers.

I’m looking at the rest of the Cowboys' 2012 schedule, and I’m telling you this without any “clouded judgement” or “spurned lover” emotion — this team’s going to run the table and make the playoffs.

Dallas has seven games left. Five of those seven games are being played at home. The two road games are at Cincinnati in Week 14 and at struggling Washington in Week 17. Winnable games. Very winnable.

Take a deeper dive and you'll get on board the "playoff-bound Cowboys" train.

They’ve got the 2-7 Cleveland Browns in Cowboys Stadium on Sunday, the 3-6 Redskins on Thanksgiving, and the unrecognizable Philadelphia Eagles at home the following weekend. Three home games. Three horrendous football teams. Add in a quarterback with a career 20-3 record in November and that equals a 7-5 team entering the final four games of the season.
  2. TonyS

TonyS Well-Known Member

1,409 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    Anyone know the last time we won three straight?

COULD this team run the table? Yes, but so could about 10 teams.

WILL this team run the table? No, but a man can dream though.

It would be awesome to see this team come together and become dominant but it won't happen as long as we're undisciplined with penalties, keep throwing 3rd down passes 3-5 yards from the marker and hoping our player will get the YAC needed to get the 1st down, keep up with the marginal offensive playcalling, allowing Romo to get tagged behind a below-average O-line, keep thinking we have some type of home field advantage at the new stadium, etc...

We have to count on winning 5 of next 7 and hoping that the Giants will somehow fall apart down the stretch. That's life in Jerry's world.
  3. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

3,116 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    I feel like justifying losing to good teams at home is also a recognition that this team is not good enough
  4. Eanwen

Eanwen Member

44 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Think we need a Mora smiley.
  5. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

8,803 Messages
    377 Likes Received
    Smoly hokes !!

We win one good game against a limping Iggles team, and this guy's ready to have us run the tables and go 11-5???

***???

We'll be lucky to go 9-7. That would be a great achievement for this 4-5 team. If we can finish 5-2 for the rest of the year, that would be amazing.
  6. Bigdog24

Bigdog24 Well-Known Member

1,935 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    Have you seen the Cowboys record playing at home????? I don't think playing at home is any advantage.... They are better off playing on the road. Even if some strange miracle does happen,... and this team does make the playoffs, it would be short lived. This team needs another year or two and rebuild to be competitive....This guy should really stop drinking the Jerry Jones Cowboy Koolaide.... but then of course its getting close to Thanksgiving so all the writers and media will be hyping the teams to get good ratings.....Are the COWBOYS play on FOX this Thanksgiving.......this article is all fluf... pure marketing scheme....they are pushing an agenda only
  7. rags747

rags747 Well-Known Member

1,076 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    I guess we could run the table, but who here wants to get destroyed in the playoffs because our ol sucks. Once again it would be all Romo's fault, Romo can't win the big game, Romo chokes in the playoffs etc etc.

Would be nice to see but once again heartbreaking. We need OL and DL next draft desperately.
  8. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Cleveland's #1 Cowboys fan

1,943 Messages
    504 Likes Received
    Last year from weeks 9-12 we beat Seattle, Buffalo, Washington, and Miami.
  9. Bigdog24

Bigdog24 Well-Known Member

1,935 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    Ok....but the Cowboys SUCK in December...:) Until they can get over the dreaded December blues this team will watch the Superbowl on TV with the rest of us.
  10. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

1,493 Messages
    165 Likes Received
    No mention at all of our great DECEMBER records recently :lmao:
  11. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,441 Messages
    394 Likes Received
    While it's entirely possible to make a run and get into the playoffs, this guy is missing the fact that 2 of those December home games are against the Steelers and the Saints AND you always toss out the records when it's division opponents,,, Philly and Washington could easily knock that apple cart over.
  12. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,654 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    The guys logic is exactly right.

Except he left out one little thing. You can't trust this team to take care of business. I'm a self described optimist/homer/happy fan/you name it; but the reality is, this is an undisciplined and, at times, unfocused team. A reasonable person can't believe they are not going to have major periods of ineptness at times.

I'll be overjoyed and I'll add the old "BELIEVE" slogan back to my sig if he's right and we run the table.

The good news is that we don't have to run the table to make the playoffs. A 9-6 record could get us there depending upon what the Giants do.
  13. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,384 Messages
    305 Likes Received
    The team's overall health will determine how we finish the season. You look at teams like the Bears and Steelers and all of the sudden they look very vulnerable without their starting QBs's. I believe we can make a run for the playoffs especially if we regain our health at the OL and get Murray back. The D should hit its stride with Ratliff getting better and the backfield coming together with Peprah. I know this team can underachieve a lot but if we continue to get guys back from injury the schedule could work in our favor and get in the playoffs. The key is to stay focused and take the old cliched one game at a time approach. We can't overlook anybody. Not even the Browns.
  14. Prossman

Prossman Active Member

946 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    Maybe we had our december in oct this year. Our scedule from here out is easy. have the cowboys been battle hardened by playing the tough scedule early to beat the teams at the end of the season? Sure it could happen. Now im not laying any money down on it, but we should go 5-2 atleast during this stretch. That would put us at 9-7. Heck 9-7 may win this division. The giants have a 1 1/2 game lead on us and there scedule is worse than ours. If you figure by the philly game murruy and coasta should be back. Which will do wonders for taking the pressure off of Romo. With 5 out of the next 7 at home, we wont be traveling the four corners of the US like we did earlier. Am I being optomistic..........if you buy in Now I will throw in a set of ginsue knives that slices and dices and makes julian fries in seconds. If they blow so be it , but its a heck of a lot better to hope it can happen than psychoanalysing the cowboys problems for the 1000th time:eek:
  15. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    I agree with this writer's view. They could go 11-5 or 10-6 with the schedule ahead of them. And I believe they will.
  16. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,071 Messages
    459 Likes Received
    I'm not sold honestly... The Cowboys have broken my heart in the past 5 years.