1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Fox Sports Daybreak: Ware talks Rob Ryan, Jason Garrett

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jun 11, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Everything is everything... Staff Member

69,038 Messages
    9,448 Likes Received
    Staff reports
    Published: 11 June 2013 01:41 AM
    Updated: 11 June 2013 01:41 AM

Dallas Cowboys defensive end DeMarcus Ware joined Fox Sports Daybreak Radio this week to talk about the upcoming season. Here are some highlights:

On what he made of Rob Ryan being fired:
    When I heard about Rob leaving, I didn’t like it. Because sometimes guys don’t like change when you get into the schedule and you get into the repetition of things, and you figure things out and feel like you’re on a roll. But now, you have a more conventional coach in the 4-3 in Monte Kiffin. He’s, in the past, had a lot of success and I feel he’s bringing that same success to the Dallas Cowboys and giving a lot of guys opportunities to make plays to better the team.

On how he thinks he’ll be helped by the switch to the 4-3:
    I have an opportunity now to be a lot more aggressive playing in the 4-3. 94% of the time, I’m going to rush the passer. I don’t have to worry about dropping [to cover the pass]. I think with more opportunities will come more big plays, and that’s what I’m really looking forward to.

Read more: http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...on-the-firing-of-rob-ryan-i-didnt-like-it.ece

DeMarcus Ware says Jason Garrett not a lame duck coach: ‘There’s no authority lost’

he Cowboys’ Pro Bowl defensive end told Fox Sports Daybreak this week that even without as much outward responsibility, Garrett can still command the Cowboys’ locker room.

“It’s sort of how you demand that authority in the room. That’s what coaching is about, and when Jason Garrett comes in the room, he demands that authority,” Ware said. “He teaches us how to play and what he wants from the team and the guidelines that we need. I don’t think there’s any – actually, I know that there’s no authority lost. There’s just been some changes that they thought were better for the team, and that’s how we’re rolling.”

So does Ware and his teammates feel the pressure to keep their coach employed?

“It’s a business, and I feel like Jason Garrett is the best guy for us, and I’m just going to leave it at that,” Ware said.

Read more: http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...-lame-duck-coach-theres-no-authority-lost.ece
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Backwoods Sexy Staff Member

63,146 Messages
    6,476 Likes Received
    I see what you did there D.Ware.:laugh2:
  3. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

4,327 Messages
    848 Likes Received
    I've honestly never cared about what the perception of a coach is or any of that mumbo jumbo.

If we're getting wins in January, who cares.
  4. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

27,464 Messages
    2,126 Likes Received
    Didnt Parcells go out of his way to make him a more "complete" player? ie.dropping into coverage etc?
  5. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,911 Messages
    728 Likes Received
    Yes but that was 4 Defensive Schemes ago. Dallas likes to change things up :)
    Aven8 likes this.
  6. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

27,464 Messages
    2,126 Likes Received
    Yeah thats fine. He will still be better for it.. even if he is DE 94% of the time ;)
  7. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

12,522 Messages
    4,518 Likes Received
    Yeah, but that was when he was going to play 34 OLB. You need to be able to drop and cover in that scheme. As a DE in a 43 - particularly in Kiffin's 43 - he's going to be pinning his ears back and going after the QB almost every time he drops back. It is going to reduce the thinking Ware has to do. Reduce his reaction time. Fewer reads and fewer responsibilities. It will really help his pass rush, and that was already very good. Same goes for Spencer, only it will help him even more. Spencer wasn't sent after the QB nearly enough in the 34. I can't wait to see what he does when he's asked to rush almost every time the QB drops back.