1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Foxsports:Schrager: NFL Combine Report

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Feb 12, 2012.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
  2. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,418 Messages
    2,121 Likes Received
    Three guys who have something to prove and how their interview process will be important.

Vontaze Burfict

Janoris Jenkins

Kellen Moore

Lets see, Burfict. Noted hot-head, flag machine and trouble maker. I can see that. Maybe he should also address why he hasn't played up to potential. Yes, probably needs a solid interview.

Janoris Jenkins. Kicked off of one team. Okay, I can agree with that. Funny, the dude reporting has literally nothing to say to follow up Jenkins so he says, "what's his story, why was he kicked off the team?"

And then there's Kellen Moore. No behavioral problems. Regarded as smart and hard working. Lets see, what else. Has displayed great amounts of maturity, was recently married, has strong family support and ties evident by having his younger brother following him to Boise. Oh, and is pretty devout as well.

Kellen Moore needs a strong interview? Lumped with those guys?

Kellen needs a strong workout. I have no doubts that if teams were waiting on the interview to talk to him that he'd knock it out of the park and they'd be sold on him.

Come one, joe. You need to quality check these vids!

jk, thanks for the link.
  3. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,959 Messages
    555 Likes Received
    I think Kellen Moore needing a good interview is more about football IQ. I dont think theres any doubt that hes a good kid. Teams will more than likely ask him football related questions. A QB that is limited physically has to be smart to get drafted. A team will be more likely to take a chance on Moore if he proves he knows how to read a defense, pick up a blitz, and other field general type things. His offensive playbook in college didnt really call for a whole lot of this.
  4. Kolemmitt

Kolemmitt Member

168 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  5. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,283 Messages
    1,177 Likes Received
    Moore shouldn't have been on the list.

It was the like was stretching to grab 3 names.

Moore is a system QB without a big arm who will be off some teams boards altogether but coveted by others. How he interviews makes no more difference than it does for any other QB.
  6. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,959 Messages
    555 Likes Received
  7. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,283 Messages
    1,177 Likes Received
  8. 2much2soon

2much2soon Active Member

2,437 Messages
    7 Likes Received
  9. Kolemmitt

Kolemmitt Member

168 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  10. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,959 Messages
    555 Likes Received
  11. Sledge

Sledge New Member

34 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'd love Moore as a backup QB.....

Starter is a bigger gamble....

If he dropped to the 4th (lol)...I'd pick him up as my backup qb for the next 10 years....give him a chance to compete as the starter...but he would definitely be in long term plans as the steady backup that studies and can come in on short reps and know the whole offense...Not a limited version of it..
  12. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    I think Moore has everything but the physical ability . He just doesn't have the arm to play in the NFL . It wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't drafted .
  13. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,418 Messages
    2,121 Likes Received
    *****, would you guys learn how to use the quote feature or correct it when it's broken.

I'm struggling to figure out who is saying what.

:laugh2:
  14. Kolemmitt

Kolemmitt Member

168 Messages
    0 Likes Received