1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Franchise Credibility Held Hostage by O-Line

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CoCo, Sep 29, 2012.

1. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,290 Messages
    240 Likes Received
    And in the scouting process.
  2. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,432 Messages
    5,990 Likes Received
    i really just wish we'd start winning again so all of us can get along.
  3. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Even if we did people would still fight.
  4. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,564 Messages
    134 Likes Received
    Uhhh, I'm pretty sure we won this week. :laugh2:
  5. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Yea, i hear you guys. I really wish people could just rationally discuss the topics that are brought up instead of always breaking off threads into some other silly discussion like who uses the ignore feature and how.
  6. davidyee

davidyee Maple Leaf

3,751 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    ...that it leaves something to be desired, but we have invested in Callahan and we have to give him a chance to earn his keep.

It's too early to be writing off the season.

BTW, I think we win the East with a 9-7 record.
  7. Everlastingxxx

Everlastingxxx All Star

7,209 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    I hope so. Maybe they need more time to gel or the teams we have faced were pretty good upfront. I predicted a Super Bowl for the Cowboys at the start of the season. That prediction i am having second thoughts about because of the offensive line play.
  8. davidyee

davidyee Maple Leaf

3,751 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    ...there are parts fo the team that are less than desireable right now.

As fans we have to let the coaches coach.

One of the best things I have seen over the past 10 years is a better focus by fans, forums and media on the discussion of the technical side of the game.

It deepens our fan experience and makes us more informed on where we should be throwing our darts.

We all must remember it's a 16 game season and like any other organization one year does not make a legacy.

Garrett is on the start line of his legacy. it has not all been roses, but as much as any other coach who has come before him, he has the tools from what media and others have said.

Last year I attended the Rams game and I focused in the warm ups on Garrett and Ryan. I can tell you with my humble and feeble opinion that the Cowboys had the right guy as the head coach.

Honestly you should have seen Campo. My guess would have been counter to yours. This is not the Superbowl year. We have a chance every year just like any other team, but I feel that Garrett needs another year to work on the roster.

Based on Parcells need and opportunity rule this was the year they focused on the secondary. I can live with that. I willing to bet one of the reasons why they did so was because Callahan possibly put his two cents in to say he could handle the line this year and roll towards the secondary.

It's a relatively new staff and they need us to give them a chance.
  9. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

3,196 Messages
    473 Likes Received
    Antonio is the one who has held the franchise hostage for years now!

The offensive line is a mere scapegoat for lil' Antonio's failures.

When Kyle Orton steps in for an injured Antonio, you will see a vast improvement in line play!

The line will pass protect better for Orton.The line will open up running lanes for Murray with Orton at QB!

Orton will get the ball down field, and the Cowboys will score points in droves!

With Orton at QB, Austin and Dez will prove to the naysayers that they are a better duo than Jones and White!

And I will simply post three final words on this forum:I told you!
  10. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

38,958 Messages
    4,502 Likes Received
    Are those really your final three words?
  11. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

3,196 Messages
    473 Likes Received
    When Orton proves that I am correct, they will be my final three words!
  12. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

38,958 Messages
    4,502 Likes Received
    Ok. I'm not going to hold my breath though.
  13. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,140 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    I would have LOVED if they had drafted a quality guard/center this year. I think the future RT is already on the team in Jeremy Purnell...
  14. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,437 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    The players Dallas brought in this offseason lacked consistency before they were brought here. The folly of Garrett and Callahan appears to be believing they could change that.

Maybe over time Callahan can get them where he wants. (I don't count out the possibility.) The problem I have with the plan is the Cowboys didn't need to surround its franchise quarterback with projects, they needed to put proven ability in front of him.

This just isn't the time to be working on a project line. If not for the defense, Dallas would be 1-2 right now.
  15. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    1 playoff win since the start of the 1997 season makes defending Jerry Jones' record as a general manager/owner extremely difficult. That piece of evidence is a dagger to the heart of any argument defending Jerry Jones' record as a GM of the Dallas Cowboys. Jerry Jones and Stephen Jones have written the book on how to overrate and overpay "star" players (leading to salary cap problems), make stupid trades (Roy E. Williams/Joey Galloway), give big drafts away (2009), and hire puppet head coaches or inexperienced head coaches. Until a legit NFL GM is in charge of building the Cowboys, they will continue to be mediocre and fail, imo.

I'd rather have Mike Pouncy over a couple of Dallas' overrated skill players on offense, however, he isn't walking through that door. Many teams, winning teams, have offensive line issues. That shouldn't be an excuse for team failure, imo.

The Bears have offensive line issues, and I'm pretty sure Aaron Rodgers was sacked 8 times in one half by the Seahawks. I saw the 49ers beat the daylights out of Eli Manning (in the NFC Championship Game). Manning won the game, anyway.
  16. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    What gives you that feeling?
  17. rodd94

rodd94 New Member

172 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I said all of this in April after the draft that the o-line hadn't been addressed and would be a massive problem and all i got was abuse. Seems i was right.
  18. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Active Member

592 Messages
    28 Likes Received

Yep, 100% accurate. This Oline is destroying all the good everyone else is doing. Thats the importance of a good Oline. Its too bad Jerry and Garrett cant see that. Truely pathetic actually. Most of the entire fan base has known this for years. Why cant the dopes running the show figure it out? Very sad. Romo, Ware, witten, their career have basically been wasted by Jones and Garretts failure to address the Oline.
  19. Sarge

Sarge Happy Holidays Staff Member

21,088 Messages
    1,938 Likes Received
    :signmast: :(
  20. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

6,062 Messages
    982 Likes Received
    :doh: Could have had an O-Line.