1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Frederick declares

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RS12, Jan 4, 2013.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,802 Messages
    876 Likes Received
    Dane Brugler ‏@dpbrugler
    #Wisconsin OG/C Travis Frederick wrote a letter to Badgers fans on his decision to leave for the NFL...Peter Konz did the same last year
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite
  2. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,811 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    He is another guy I like alot that could be had in the second or third round.
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,802 Messages
    876 Likes Received
    Put it this way. I dont see the running game any worse with him at C. Probably handle NTs all by himself.
  4. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,802 Messages
    876 Likes Received
    Frederick ranks as NFLDraftScout.com's No. 2 center for April's draft, projecting as a top-64 pick. Last year, Wisconsin center Peter Konz declared early for the NFL Draft and was selected 55th overall in the second round.

"I have also studied the game of football under three offensive line coaches that have each taught me different techniques and concepts that have molded me into the player I am today," Frederick said.

Listed at 6-4 and 338 pounds, Frederick started 31 games at Wisconsin, seeing time at both center and guard. After starting mostly at left guard as a freshman and sophomore, he started all 14 games at center for the Big Ten champion Badgers in 2012 and earned All-Big Ten honorable mention honors. A high-character prospect, Frederick has plus intangibles, strength and versatility, flashing the IQ and technique to start immediately in the NFL.

Tags: Travis Frederick, Wisconsin Badgers, NCAAF, NFLDRAFT

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/r...-wisconsin-c-frederick-skipping-senior-season
  5. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,735 Messages
    5,267 Likes Received
    He'd be the best C prospect in the draft, IMO. Unless you think Warmack or Cooper are centers but to me they belong at G.

I would dance a jig if we got him.
  6. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,926 Messages
    538 Likes Received
    I had no idea he was 6'4 330. Can he move well enough to get to the 2nd level in the NFL? He would definitely solve the problem of our C always being pushed back, thats for sure.
  7. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,802 Messages
    876 Likes Received
    Closer to 340, should be able to handle 95% of NTs and move the pile. I am not even concerned about the second level stuff. How would you like to make a yard at the goal line more often than not?
  8. patrickstillhere

patrickstillhere Member

67 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Merry Christmas!
  9. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,263 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    I like the intelligence factor with him.

I think he'll graduate with a degree in computer engineering this spring.
  10. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,362 Messages
    190 Likes Received
    Does he fit in with Callahan's system? I have a feeling he doesn't.
  11. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,381 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    I would rather have him than any other inside guy in this draft . he is better than Konz and about like zietler who is a future pro bowler .
  12. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,192 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    No he is not as good as Zeitler or he would be a first round pick. Watching play this year and last he reminded me more of Moffitt
  13. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,716 Messages
    330 Likes Received
    Hope he's better than Konz, because in the few games I watched Konz he has been brutal.
    Do like the size and intangibles though, in the end I think he's closer to Zeitler than Konz.
  14. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,926 Messages
    538 Likes Received
    My problem with him is that he is a bit stiff and not much of an athlete. I have no doubts about his ability to hold his ground against to opposing d-line which is definitely a plus. My only thing is that he seems like his ceiling is pretty limited and for a 2nd round pick that's a little alarming. I agree that he's more than likely better than what we have, but 2nd seems a bit early for him.
  15. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,041 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    Bye bye Callahan then. Fredericks is my favorite interior OL in this draft.
  16. dart

dart Benched

811 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    I seen a couple of his games did not impress

I would not even look at him
  17. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,317 Messages
    475 Likes Received
    I would too, but I suspect my dancing shoes will be safe in the closet around draft time.
  18. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,576 Messages
    528 Likes Received
    I'd love to get this guy
  19. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    Amen. To hell with Callahan. Get some monsters up front and go back to controling the LOS. I don't care about him getting to the socond level. As it stands, our current linemen can't block the first level.
  20. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,584 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    So how would you compare Fredy to Khaled Holmes for the C position?