1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Frederick is not a center

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by HoosierCowboy, Apr 26, 2013.

1. HoosierCowboy

HoosierCowboy Put Pearson in the HOF

2,101 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    he can play center but he will be a guard--31 not a reach for a versatile lineman
  2. CopenhagenCowboy

CopenhagenCowboy Active Member

886 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    He should play center the way I see it. But he might start out as a guard.

After all...as long as he's a good enough upgrade (no matter where on the line), who really cares?
  3. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,215 Messages
    394 Likes Received
    Agree- his versatility makes him a better value than pugh or long who went a dozen picks higher
  4. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,330 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    The good news is that our center and guards were all underwhelming last year, so he will be an improvement no matter where he ends up.
  5. hookemhorns72

hookemhorns72 Member

323 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This^^^^^
    Plus he's a smart guy! Something this team needs given the bad penalties from last season. We took the guy rated #1 at his college position. I'm not overly excited about this pick but I'm not mad either. And by bad I mean stupid!
  6. justbob

justbob The Peacemaker Staff Member

6,744 Messages
    266 Likes Received
    Plugs in as as guard right off and replaces Costa if his back is shot.....Good choice.
  7. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,487 Messages
    1,506 Likes Received
    If the guy turns out to be a player, will we care about when he was taken three years from now?
  8. Tobal

Tobal Well-Known Member

1,983 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    If we draft Schwenke or Jones then I'm fine with him at Guard, but I really want a smart guy at center. I think he looks more athletic at guard. Didn't Kosier make alot of the line calls from the guard position?
  9. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    He is more of an upgrade at Center then he would be at either guard position
  10. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,361 Messages
    1,395 Likes Received
    We all know that he played Guard at Wisconsin, as well as Center. Even so, he did not carry a 1st round grade. Not because he has played both Guard and Center. That actually helped his grade. It's because he's slow and not real strong.
  11. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,582 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    Always an outstanding combination...
  12. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

10,726 Messages
    3,470 Likes Received
    Anybody that liked Warmack and Fluker should like Frederick.

He had a slow forty like Warmack but appears to have good enough quickness in game footage.

He appears to be one of the stronger players in game footage, but like Fluker had a bad showing on the bench.
  13. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,227 Messages
    1,445 Likes Received
    I agree that he does look better at guard but I'm not sure the Cowboys put him there.
  14. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,612 Messages
    574 Likes Received
    I like him better at guard, but I suspect if we dont take someone with similar versatility, we'll put him at center.
  15. justbob

justbob The Peacemaker Staff Member

6,744 Messages
    266 Likes Received
    If my center is still blocking 40 yards down the field --I want a faster running back----getting to the second level is not that far.
    700 squat a road grader. Depending on how he has trained he may be able to press alot of weight a few times--more game useful...
  16. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,201 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    Frederick gives us options now and in the future.
  17. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,064 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Frederick is like Warmack (only Frederick is smarter) and if Dallas drafts Barrett Jones to play center, the Alabama offensive line will be re-created with Frederick at guard.

:)
  18. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,695 Messages
    3,193 Likes Received
    September is a loooooooong time away. Let's see what happens between now and then.
  19. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

..but as I recall DJ's arms are crazy LONG....not so much with TF...which means his bench should have been much better: that mystifies me.
  20. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

love to know what gives u the impression that hes not real strong