1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Free Agent Fix

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by ragingbull2488, Feb 1, 2012.

1. ragingbull2488

ragingbull2488 Member

81 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Free Agency

Mario Wiliams, OLB, Houston, 7-8 million against cap
    Chris Myers, C, Houston, 4-5 million
    Brady Quinn, QB, Denver, 800,000
    Corey Graham, CB, Chicago, 800,000

Now what should they do in the draft?
  2. dallasfaniac

dallasfaniac Active Member

4,197 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Looks like they're going to need OLB, C, QB and CB.
  3. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Well played.
  4. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,231 Messages
    288 Likes Received
    Chris Myers would be a big mistake. He works in Houston system but I don't think he would work here. Also I learnt along time ago that signing 30 and over OL to big money is a big mistake. Puts your team in salary cap hell in two years when you have to release them.
  5. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,856 Messages
    880 Likes Received
    Myers is a zone blocking type of center, I don't think he'd be as successful here as he is with the Texans, unless we are switching to a full on zone scheme.

I don't want Quinn either, if that's the case we should just keep McGee. I think we may chase Orton again.

Mario is mario, sure I'd love to have him but I'm not sure half a year (if that) as a 3-4 OLB means that's the position he should be playing.
  6. DaBoyz73

DaBoyz73 Member

410 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Question, if Mario played in Wade's system couldn't he play in our system?
  7. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,856 Messages
    880 Likes Received
    That's what I'm saying. He's got 5 games in Wade's system, that's not really enough to tell one way or the other. He looked like he was taking to it very well, but then again they have Conner Barwin and Brooks Reed getting sacks as well, so maybe it's something else. Who knows.
  8. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I have always been a huge fan of Super Mario. I think he would be a huge improvement to the overall defense. The versatility he brings would only free up more looks for Ware and Ratliff. If the numbers look right, I think we get him. Other than that, the rest of your free agent signings will have little-to-no impact for us next season. We need every player we bring in to have a solid impact.
  9. DaBoyz73

DaBoyz73 Member

410 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ok, good point. If it were me, I would sign Mario over Spencer just on the mere fact that Mario has been more productive.