1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Free agent OL after this season?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Neverhood, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Neverhood

Neverhood Active Member

228 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    Anyone have a list of the free agent OL that will be available this offseason? I'm hoping we draft one with our first or second rounder and get a top OL in free agency.
  2. weaver21

weaver21 Active Member

690 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    Jake Long is gonna hit the market, but he'll probably re-sign. Ryan Clady from Denver, Sebastian Vollmer from New England (he's also a right tackle). They'll want some major payday and we're so screwed with the cap so it's unlikely we sign any big free agent offensive linemen. I'd say the more realistic approach would be to draft one.
  3. Marktui

Marktui Active Member

1,200 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    www.spotrac.com

They have a list of all FA for next year.
  4. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,608 Messages
    362 Likes Received
    Andre smith, Phil loadholt, Gosder cherldrius, Andy Levitre, and Kraig Urbik are a few but all are in current contract talks.

Best thing to do is focus on OL with the first three rounds. If there isn't a top defensive difference maker then teade back a stock pile picks for both lines. You can find day one starting OL and DL in the late 1st to early 3rd, especially I'm this upcoming draft.
  5. pugilist

pugilist dwarecwby311

2,719 Messages
    841 Likes Received
    just draft Barrett Jones or Luke Joeckel
  6. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

9,012 Messages
    2,030 Likes Received
    Free will be a Cowboy in 2013 plain and simple. Those wanting to see something different put a post it over your tv when he's on there and you wont see him.

I see maybe a guard in FA maybe a C. But i think we will most likely see 1 maybe 2 new heads along the OL. Smith, Livings, Free are locks for 2013. Where i can see change coming in 2013 is RG and possibly C. I like what Costa showed in his very limited time. But if he cant even get on the field. Tough yr in terms of injury for the guy. But those looking for a drastic change along the OL save yourself the frustration and hope they can get settled as a unit.

I see RG as a lock for change.
  7. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,460 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    Uh, no.
  8. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

9,012 Messages
    2,030 Likes Received
    Then prepare yourself for alot of crying about the OL.:)
  9. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,344 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    I would sell my right arm for Ryan Clady. :) I'm sure he was a big reason Manning chose Denver. :laugh2:
  10. TheSport78

8,460 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    I'll bet you my life savings that Free isn't a Cowboy in 2013.

The changes will be at RT and C.
  11. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

9,012 Messages
    2,030 Likes Received
    Free will have to restructure. And i think that would be easy to sell him. Basically because it will guarantee more of his money but spread out over yearly capwise.

If he doesnt agree to this im sure he will be cut. But im positive he will.
  12. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,394 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    Nice site
  13. TheSport78

8,460 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    Okay, that's great for Free, but why is it beneficial for Dallas? The dude is handicapping the offense. He shouldn't be on the roster, restructuring or no restructuring, period IMO.
  14. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

9,012 Messages
    2,030 Likes Received
    Im not denying anything you have to say about him. But i just dont think Free will be cut in 2013.
  15. TheSport78

8,460 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    Do you think he deserves to be the starting right tackle?
  16. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

9,012 Messages
    2,030 Likes Received
    I think he deserves a chance to prove it next yr. Of course if he's willing to renegotiate. If Dallas would let Parnell play this yr and see what he has then id see things different.
  17. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,127 Messages
    3,207 Likes Received
    I'd like Andy Levitre in FA and a RT in the 1st round with Khaled Holmes in the 2nd or 3rd.

Smith, Livings, Holmes, Levitre, Jake Mathews

I'd take this.
  18. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

9,012 Messages
    2,030 Likes Received
    Holmes is not ready to start. Guy is weak. He def wouldnt start over Costa. Not next yr
  19. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Agree.
  20. TheSport78

8,460 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    I don't understand how anyone could think that Free deserves anything. The Cowboys don't owe him anything, not speaking from a monetary standpoint.

He's been getting paid like an elite tackle for a while now and he's been a complete failure.

One of this organization's major flaws is that it holds on to certain players too long. Does Roy Williams, Anthony Henry, Marc Colombo, Ken Hamlin or Terence Newman ring a bell? Cut your losses and move on.