1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Friday 5

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Signals, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Signals

Signals Suspicious looking stranger

4,583 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    1. Whose thoughts would you most like to read?

2. What was your favorite restaurant as a kid?

3. If you were allowed to teach any course (real or made up by you) at any university in the world, where and what would you teach?

4. List three foods you can't stand:

5. Plans for the weekend?
  2. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    1. My own, but I never write them down so I'm unable to read them!
    2. Mazzio's Pizza (prior to them being bought out back in the late 80s)
    3. At any and every where, and I would teach how not to be an Apple sheep. ;)
    4. Broccoli, many Chinese dishes (not all), many Indian dishes (not all)
    5. Football, check out NFL Network since my cable company finally bit the bullet, watch some more Star Trek Voyager.
  3. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,524 Messages
    3,364 Likes Received
    1. Maya Angelou. She's a writer so she shares her thoughts all the time. Very wise woman.

2. Wyatt's cafeteria. The equivalent to Luby's and we always went after Church on Sunday. Thought they had the best chicken fried steak. Also, liked H&J Hamburgers. Local hamburger joint where you can STILL get a burger, fries, and a drink for under $5.

3. I'd probably teach some form of writing.

4. Zucchini, Squash, and okra

5. Workout, hang with friends, and football on Sunday. May throw some chores in the mix, too.
  4. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    1. My wife

2. Probably Shoneys they had awesome hot fudge sundaes

3. How to do my bidding

4. Hamburger helper cheeseburger macaroni, raw tomatoes, and onions

5. As little as possible
  5. JIMMYBUFFETT

JIMMYBUFFETT Skinwalker

1,162 Messages
    96 Likes Received
    1. My dog. Pets see you for who you really are. I'd like to know his thoughts on who I really am.

2. Derweinerschnitzel. My grandmother used to take me there once a week after school. To this day I've still got to have my chili cheese dog fix.

3. I'd teach a how to live your life without murdering innocent people course somewhere in the Middle East or a how to earn a living in your own country course somewhere in Mexico.

4. Mushrooms, can spinach, macaroni and cheese.

5. Son's football game, some dove hunting, Cowboy's football game, and cooking a pork butt on Sunday.
  6. Sam I Am

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I lived in California for a while due to my father being in the Navy. That is where I learned of Derweinerschnitzel. They didn't have them in Texas. Then all the sudden they started appearing I think in the late 90s. I was walking on air! Then they failed and now I don't think any are left.

Of course, I suppose it doesn't matter since I now live in the Northeast. :mad:
  7. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

11,623 Messages
    636 Likes Received
    Joe Rogan, very deep thinker.

Art's Jug. Old school Italian restaurant with awesome pizza squares and great veal.

U.S. History at UCF. I'm looking for the highest paying job since being a professor can be easy work if you want it. One of my friends teaches law and economics and works 6-hours a week and makes $90K a year.

Guacamole
    Broccoli
    Liver

Sleep in. Golf, football, house cleaning.

YR
  8. JIMMYBUFFETT

JIMMYBUFFETT Skinwalker

1,162 Messages
    96 Likes Received
    They're still around. I don't know how many or where, but we've got two in the town where I live. They still make great dogs and their service is fantastic. In NY you can always find a good dog. In West Texas you take them where you can get them :) .
  9. Faerluna

Faerluna I'm Complicated

5,143 Messages
    1 Likes Received

Any of our pets.

A&W. My grandfather would take me there for burgers, fries and a root beer float. We didn't have a lot of money when I was growing up, so eating out was something our family did maybe once a month. It was a huge deal to go out for lunch now and then with him.

3. If you were allowed to teach any course (real or made up by you) at any university in the world, where and what would you teach?

An online course in manners and being polite in cyberspace. Just because you don't look each other in the eye doesn't give you the right to act like a *******.

Sauerkraut, tongue/liver/misc obscure meat part, veal (which I'm sure is tasty, but I've never eaten it for moral reasons and never will.)

Adoption stand, work, football.
  10. Ultimategamer5567

Ultimategamer5567 Member

824 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    1. Charles Manson. He's such an evil *******. I'd like to see what was going through his mind, maybe get to understand why he killed all of those people.
    2. Chuck E. Cheese. I love pizza, and at the time thought that big, stupid rat was cool.
    3. I would teach a class on editing small films. Basically what I actually do for a living.
    4. Crawfish, spinach, and anything on Taco Bell's menu.
    5. Probably watching sports all day. Definitely Sunday when Dallas is playing Tampa.
  11. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Jason Garrett.

Olive Garden.

Science.

1. Spinach
    2. Mushrooms
    3. Strawberries

Going to Dallas to go see Cowboys game. :D
  12. jobberone

jobberone Save the Snow Leopard Staff Member

35,340 Messages
    2,737 Likes Received
    Watch game at home if on TV or go to sports bar (mon dieu I live such an exciting life)
  13. jobberone

jobberone Save the Snow Leopard Staff Member

35,340 Messages
    2,737 Likes Received
    I have always suspected you never ate your spinach. :D
  14. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,380 Messages
    1,374 Likes Received
    1. Stephen Hawking
    2. Farrel's Ice Cream Parlour
    3. English Language in Ambergese Key off Belize
    4. Broccoli, mushrooms and animal organs such as liver, heart, etc
    5. Writing a 12-page research paper on the effects or poor nutrition on children in the Bosnian community.
  15. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

4,660 Messages
    262 Likes Received

The one I used to go to all the time in Amarillo was still there last year when I finally made it back. And that was the first restaurant I hit, just to get my chili cheese dog fix! :) MAN I wish they were here in the NE!
  16. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

4,660 Messages
    262 Likes Received

Everyone else at the card table.

Shakey's Pizza. Great pizza, and the funky live band in their stripes, and the dough-tossing guy in the window. Nice. :)

I'll pass on this one :)

Funny, most foods I see listed previously I love. But I love almost all foods anyway. Noted exception is sushi.

Watching a pirate ship destruction, sleeping late, and thinking of hitting the National Book Festival on the National Mall going on all weekend. Looks to be a huge event judging by the massive number of tents, etc. going up the past few days! Stretches from the Washington Monument to darn near the US Capitol.
  17. Sam I Am

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Yes, but they don't serve Chili Cheese dogs on the street. That said, I highly recommend you avoid buying Chili here. It's not Chili. It's either more like dog food, or they try to make some gourmet dish out of it which again, is not Chili.

:puke:
  18. Sam I Am

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I can help you with this one. :)

[IMG]
  19. JIMMYBUFFETT

JIMMYBUFFETT Skinwalker

1,162 Messages
    96 Likes Received
    Man I forgot about Shakeys. I'd fight you for an order of rojo potatoes right now. I loved that place, even their fried chicken was good.
  20. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    1. No clue really

2. I really do not have one most my childhood my parents did not have a lot of money so I do not remember eating out but a few times and my mom worked at the place. My parents made more money when I was in Highschool so ate out more often when i was older.

3. History or Military Science Sam Houston State (Just because I am alumni)

4. Cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, Meatloaf

5. Traveling with my son to see my parents