1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

FS Pat Watkins Scouting Report

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by TwoSteppinJJ, Jan 3, 2006.

1. TwoSteppinJJ

TwoSteppinJJ Active Member

1,167 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Source: nfldraftcountdown [ Article ]

FS Pat Watkins

Height: 6-4 | Weight: 200 | 40-Time: 4.50 | Senior | Flordia State [IMG]
    Official Bio

[IMG]

Strengths:
    Has tremendous size with long arms and the frame to add more weight...Is a very good athlete...Mobile and has excellent range to make plays sideline-to-sideline...Smart and a leader on the field...Great leaper who knows how to go up and get the ball...Will support the run...Still has some upside and potential.

Weaknesses:
    Must hit the weight room and get stronger...Needs to bulk up...Not overly physical or explosive despite his size...Inconsistent...Struggles a bit and gets turned in man coverage...Has some minor durability concerns...A bit of an underachiever who didn't always play up to his ability...Only two years of starting experience.

Notes:
    Top recruit coming out of high school...Could be chosen earlier than he should based on workouts...From a physical standpoint he would seem to have all the tools you look for and is exactly what the pros are looking for in a safety today.

2. TwoSteppinJJ

TwoSteppinJJ Active Member

1,167 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Somebody to keep an eye on during this orange bowl game. I've watched him play before and hes pretty impressive. 10 Career picks to I think...
  3. Rush 2112

Rush 2112 New Member

1,496 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Link

My thoughts on Pat Watkins.
  4. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Dude is skinny - a late day 2 at best pick.

I have seen closing speed and some positives on the kid watching him some. But 2-3 years away from playing in NFL.
  5. Hiero

Hiero New Member

3,075 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not sure if hes too skinny or not, but he is an extremely talented guy who has trouble staying motivated all thetime. I think Parcells would get good use out of him. 6'4 with that speed.
  6. Rush 2112

Rush 2112 New Member

1,496 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    There is one of these types every year last 2-3 at FS/SS position.

Big hat, no cattle.

All underwear team:

1) Ernest Shazor
    2) Brandon Browner
    3) James Butler

From 2nd round locks to undrafted guys in a matter of 4 months.