1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FS Southwest: Dallas Cowboys Notebook: 'Boys lose Gurode, Bryant to injuries Thursday

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 14, 2010.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,182 Messages
    5,735 Likes Received
    Keith Whitmire - FOXSportsSouthwest.com

Catch the Dallas Cowboys vs. Minnesota Vikings this Sunday at 4:15pm est on FOX.

IRVING, Texas – Three days before taking on the Vikings in what’s being billed as an elimination game, the Cowboys have injury issues with a couple of key contributors.

Rookie receiver Dez Bryant and starting center Andre Gurode both missed practice Thursday with injuries.

Bryant continues to be bothered by an ankle injury that originally started during training camp.

“I am worried that he might not be able to play,” coach Wade Phillips said during his post-practice media session.

Gurode’s knee flared up as he began practice Thursday. He was taken for an MRI.

The injury apparently occurred in last Sunday’s loss to the Titans. Gurode was able to practice on it Wednesday but Phillips said the knee was too sore to practice on Thursday.

If Gurode can’t play this Sunday, starting guard Kyle Kosier will move over and play center.

Read more: http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/1...-Brya/landing.html?blockID=331570&feedID=3742
  2. justbob

justbob The Peacemaker Staff Member

6,857 Messages
    323 Likes Received
    Ouch ---not a good way to statr the weekend:(
  3. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,334 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    I'm not sure I like moving Kozier to Center and putting Holland in there. We may need Holland in Davis's spot again. I know he's a rookie, but rookie centers often play...I really liked the kid from Maryland in the preseason. I think he's a solid center.
  4. Nightshade

Nightshade Active Member

1,811 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Free, Kosier, Costa, Holland, Colombo

Worth a try as Kosier hasn't practiced much at Center and I bet Costa has been doing Nothing else. Oh yeah and the BIG exclusion is just looking like something the coaches should experiment with seriously. Holland has been pretty consistent when given an opportunity.