1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FSSW Mosley: Could Bennett be onto something about Romo?

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Apr 7, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl You already know why I'm here Staff Member

68,373 Messages
    8,499 Likes Received
    April 6, 2011

The Dallas Cowboys are fortunate to have one of the most engaging tight ends in the league on their roster. And if he could play a lick, that would be even better.

Tuesday, Martellus Bennett stopped by "The Ben & Skins Show" on 103.3 KESN-FM to discuss Lord knows what. He normally ends up talking about being able to communicate with dolphins and other creatures of the sea, but he took a slight diversion to discuss the Cowboys' situation at quarterback. It seems Bennett, a man who will do well to secure the third tight end spot this season, thinks Tony Romo could use a little competition in training camp.

Read more: http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/0...nding_cowboys.html?blockID=498623&feedID=3799
  2. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So this is where Mosley landed...
  3. FLcowboy

FLcowboy Hopeful this is the year Zone Supporter

3,733 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    But the issue is Kitna rallied his teammates last season under interim coach Jason Garrett. He's a fiery player who had an easy time connecting with players on both sides of the ball.

Are we to assume that Romo would not have enjoyed, and had success playing under Jason Garrett, as opposed to Wade Phillips?
  4. beevomav

beevomav Active Member

274 Messages
    179 Likes Received
    This was about him not being able to beat out Witten. He better watch his *** or he won't beat out the TE who was hurt.

I would like to see MartyB fighting for minutes in Buffalo.
  5. treykin32

treykin32 Member

186 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    I was really pulling for #80 to be other than a blocker on this team..i believe he has the attributes to be a good target for us (especially in the red zone)..but when he opens his mouth & says things like there should be an open competition between Romo and Kitna it just makes it hard to root for the guy..i mean if you need 4-6 yards yeah maybe put Kitna in :bang2: . Come on Son.
  6. Sitting Bull

Sitting Bull Active Member

1,433 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Man, I can't stand this player. His drops and mental errors went down and he's a good blocker. But his YAC is in the toilet, he hasn't been in the end zone for two years and he was invisible many Sundays. Competition is indeed a good thing, Bennett. Keep yapping...
  7. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,618 Messages
    868 Likes Received
    Did JG really say this....?
  8. beevomav

beevomav Active Member

274 Messages
    179 Likes Received
    and MartyB would drop that pass. :laugh2:
  9. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member