1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FSSW: Sturm: Morning After: Cowboys physically beaten down in Seattle

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 17, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,190 Messages
    6,999 Likes Received
    September 17, 2012

Mistakes, mistakes, and even more mistakes.

It started with the most demoralizing mistake a team can have; a fumbled kickoff return off the opening kick from the uninspiring Felix Jones.

Followed by a roughing penalty on Josh Brent.

After that, a dropped interception by Bruce Carter (would have been a tough play for sure).

Then, a dropped pass by Jason Witten. There will be more of those.

Next, came a blocked punt, where Dan Conner cannot hold his man off. The punt is returned for a Touchdown.

Then, Dez Bryant drops a pass that nearly hits him in the face and would have had the ball down to about the Seattle 10.

On the next play, Tony Romo makes about as poor a read as a QB can make, throwing into a crowd of defenders from across his body and across the field. Horrid throw that is intercepted and taken the other way, and snuffing out a drive that took points off the board.

Read the rest: http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/0...ding_cowboys.html?blockID=791625&feedID=10194
  2. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,269 Messages
    2,465 Likes Received
    This is a point I was making in the game thread. The Cowboys are in dire need of a change in narrative.

But you wonder if it's possible at this point. It's become so ingrained in their core players.
  3. ethiostar

ethiostar Well-Known Member

6,307 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    I was looking forward to reading his article today, thank you for posting.

This is a hell of a start.

4. MagicMan

MagicMan Active Member

848 Messages
    108 Likes Received
    I agree with the belief that this team cannot deal with any success at all....hence the win one lose one pattern. No prolonged winning streaks in the last decade. .500 team that it is. Land of mediocrity like the majority of teams.

I think the BIGGEST negative is that the Cowboys organization no longer can get the BEST coaches available for the team----JJ can only get those that are willing to work for HIM. Mediocre coaches= mediocre players= mediocre record. Why are we surprised? :mad:
  5. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That is funny Callahan, Robinson and Henderson are all well thought of coaches in the league.

The team needs to get physical which is why i liked the Carr signing he is a physical cb ad i was hoping he rub off on this team. Bryant is a physical WR, Murray is a physical back but we need the rest of the team to follow that lead
  6. blackbull

blackbull Well-Known Member

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received

Giants are no different and they won. No excuses. We just didn't execute. It wasnt about dealing with success.
  7. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    What?
  8. blackbull

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received

The.....Giants.....struggle.....with......being......favorites......yet.....they......still......won......a.....championship.
  9. blackbull

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    Basically the Giants are exactly what the writer is describing. Only I don't think the Cowboys were still happy about the Giants win. I think they just didn't execute. Im' re-watching the game right now. I advise everyone else to do the same. You'll probrably feel a lot better about the future to be honest.
  10. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,269 Messages
    2,465 Likes Received
    What?
  11. Flinger

Flinger Active Member

795 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Excellent article. Very well written. Strum is good....
  12. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They where underdogs to the Packers and the Patriots last year
  13. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,904 Messages
    1,406 Likes Received

I don't know if it's the point he's trying to make but when the Giants were favorites last year they struggled (got beat by Seattle as well... at home... with Charlie Whitehurst as the QB).

The Giants typically struggle when they are the favorites and thrive when they are the underdog. They were the underdog in just about every game in the playoffs except maybe the Atlanta game.

But to the contrary, the Cowboys most likely will never be underdogs if they're having a winning season. So our team needs to learn to play as favorites.
  14. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,877 Messages
    2,346 Likes Received
    also, you have to win at least 3 (possibly 4) consecutive playoff games to win the SB

i cant imagine what this team would be like if they actually made it to the SB when they eat the cheese after just one opening day win
  15. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,778 Messages
    638 Likes Received
    I wanted more nuts and bolts of what was happening in the trenches. Who exactly was getting beat. Was it technique or purely physical. If it was mostly physical...this team is in big trouble because they have Chicago, Baltimore, Carolina and Giants coming up shortly.
  16. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,641 Messages
    3,164 Likes Received
    On offense it was easy– the two tackles.

On defense, it's mixed bag. Both Spears and McCray had bad days, but a lot of it was due to injuries to the defense and being out there virtually the entire second half.

How does the team improve from this point?

Stop the drops.

Improve the play of the offensive tackles.

Do both of those and good things will happen.
  17. blackbull

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    Spears was trash on the 36 yard run by Lynch