1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Fun Fair Positive Rob?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by rcaldw, Dec 29, 2012.

1. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

5,913 Messages
    376 Likes Received
    Anyone else read Jenkin's quotes about Rob Ryan? Says he puts him right there with Wade and the others who have come before him (whatever that means), and that there were 2 things he really liked.

1. He doesn't have an ego so that he feels like his calls are his calls. If the players want to do something different, he does it.

2. He lets everyone play (meaning a lot of different people).

Is this what you want? People like Jenkins making the defensive calls? I used to coach fun, fair positive soccer for one of my kids (a truly lame experience).

Maybe this is fun, fair positive Rob?
  2. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,813 Messages
    5,341 Likes Received
    Whatever you think of the Ryans, their players have always loved playing for them.
  3. brooksey1

brooksey1 Well-Known Member

1,122 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    Alot have said they wished that Wade was our DC instead of our HC so i don't think the comparison is a problem. Personally... I like a tougher "make the calls" type of guy.
  4. Primetime42

Primetime42 Well-Known Member

2,742 Messages
    91 Likes Received
    Wow. Way to totally misconstrue what he's saying.

I highly doubt Mike Jenkins is making defensive calls. I take it is Rob values the input of his players if they feel something is not working or they see something that can be exploited.

He still calls the plays as he sees fit. Lee probably makes a couple on the fly.
  5. Venger

Venger Well-Known Member

2,385 Messages
    250 Likes Received
    Kind of like substitute teachers...
  6. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,259 Messages
    461 Likes Received
    I prefer fat, psychotic Rob!
  7. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

5,913 Messages
    376 Likes Received
    I actually like Rob Ryan's personality (for the most part). I don't like romper room coaching though. I enjoy seeing us do well and then watching Rob... no one enjoys it more than him. I also especially appreciate his loyalty to Garrett. Pretty rare in this day and age.