1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Funny PC conversation.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by tupperware, Jan 21, 2012.

1. tupperware

tupperware A Plastic Container

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    I'm the go to guy within the family to fix PC problems and give general suggestions and had a hilarious conversation with my brother in-law recently. Basically, they have a really old computer, probably 10 years old I'm guessing. Anyway, they don't want to build a new one yet and he was complaining about how he thinks heat is the problem (He's not very computer literate). He was complaining that the computer builds up dust too easily sitting low by the floor. He seems to think he should water cool his system and had mentioned to me how he had heard about it.

I had tried telling him in the past that you don't water cool systems like that. They have an old Compaq computer. What I really wanted to say was the water cooling setup would probably cost more than your system and wouldn't do a damn thing for it because the problem isn't the heat and dust, it's the fact that it's a 10 year old computer. I keep trying over and over to convince them to upgrade. I can't remember what I said instead, but it wasn't what I really wanted to say.

:lmao2:
  2. Faerluna

Faerluna I'm Complicated

5,144 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    We call people like that "job security" where I work.

:D
  3. jubal

jubal Active Member

625 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    One of the first things I was going to get was a new PC until we got a IPad and two Iphones. The PC was going to cost about 700.00 bucks,now I don't miss having a new one at all.
    I have an old XP and a Laptop Vista that I use to get all the Cowboy news.
    I do bank acct. and pay bills with Ipad. Suggest this to them instead of a new PC.
  4. StevenOtero

StevenOtero Well-Known Member

6,400 Messages
    348 Likes Received
    The good ol ID 10 T error. ;)
  5. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Error exists between keyboard interface and ergonomic posture maintenance device.
  6. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,885 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  7. basstapp

basstapp Well-Known Member

1,107 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    sounds like a (picnic) problem in chair not in computer :)