1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Funny story (Mardi Gras)...

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by trickblue, Feb 12, 2009.

1. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,697 Messages
    119 Likes Received
    So I'm in New Orleans for a few days on business and Mardi Gras is kicking off this weekend...

I had dinner then took a stroll down Bourbon Street. As you can imagine, boobs for beads is in full swing...

So these guys are all up on a balcony with beads galore trying to talk this girl in to flashing. She pulls her shirt up but only shows her bra. Most start booing but one guy yells out: "Oh come on honey... how about a stimulus package"... :D
  2. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,501 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    .....did she bail "them" out?....;)
  3. trickblue

28,697 Messages
    119 Likes Received
    No she decided to make them work for it and cut any stimulus offerings...

Besides, bead value is way down these days...
  4. Viper

Viper Active Member

2,190 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    damn capitalist.:eek:
  5. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I think it plummeted because of the uncool factor just after the 2001 or so.
  6. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,501 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    I didnt think burbon street ever changed......:rolleyes:
  7. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives.

6,961 Messages
    49 Likes Received
    Stimulus, or was she full of pork ?
  8. trickblue

28,697 Messages
    119 Likes Received
    Definitely stimulus... now tonight on Bourbon, Mardi Gras raves on... the stimulus has given away to a great deal of pork...
  9. CowboyPrincess

CowboyPrincess Priceless

4,610 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I've always wanted to go to mardi gras... Need to start my bead collection.. :D
  10. trickblue

28,697 Messages
    119 Likes Received
    Thoughts on Mardi Gras...

Much more tame than it used to be... boobs for beads ain't what it used to be...

Lot's of Cowboy fans... I had a cap on every night and I got stopped to talk about the boys...
  11. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

74,861 Messages
    1,508 Likes Received
    I never understood the beads deal. During the Parades they throw these beads and the nice one you use to get women to take off their tops. Now you can also go into one of the thrift shops and buy some beads for a 1.00 but if I offered a 1.00 for a woman to take off her top she would slap me in the face but offer some 1.00 beads and off it goes. :laugh2:
  12. Viper

Viper Active Member

2,190 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    and your complaining because?
  13. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke Fierce Allegiance

5,324 Messages
    135 Likes Received

This weekend will be a madhouse as always. The 1st 2-3 week run-up to Fat Tuesday are always pretty hit-n-miss crowd-wise.

The Uptown parades during the weeknights are the best to attend and you can generally find a good spot to get close to the floats w/o having to fight for position.

When I was stationed in N.O., I lived in Metairie, 5 blocks off of Veterans Blvd @ Clearview. We could literally walk to the starting point of the parades at Clearview Mall and catch 1-2 parades a night.

Just an FYI. For a great place for "local" seafood, drive out 10 mins to Deanie's in Bucktown. Get the BBQ Shrimp, you'll thank me later!!!
  14. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

74,861 Messages
    1,508 Likes Received
    why do I need to get the beads? why not just take the dollar and let me see all your glory. :laugh2: