1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Funny: Watch NBA Rookie of the Year school the kids as "Uncle Drew"

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by wittenacious, May 20, 2012.

1. wittenacious

wittenacious Active Member

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    [youtube]8DnKOc6FISU[/youtube]
    "Too easy out here against these young bloods."
  2. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    That was pretty good :laugh1:
  3. Faerluna

Faerluna I'm Complicated

5,143 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    That was great! :laugh2:
  4. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,640 Messages
    281 Likes Received
    Damn youtube loading. I couldn't even watch the video it kept stoping every 2 seconds.
  5. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,240 Messages
    733 Likes Received
    I would have loved to see when they told the kids at the playground, .. if they did.

They should have told them they got punked.
  6. wittenacious

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sorry about that. I ran the posted video several times to make sure the vid link took. Never had a problem getting it to play w/o a glitch.

Time to upgrade from your 286 architecture computer, theogt ... :laugh2: [ducks and runs] ... I kid. I kid.
  7. dez_for_prez

dez_for_prez Active Member

1,040 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    :laugh2: That was awesome.
  8. theogt

43,640 Messages
    281 Likes Received
    Youtube throttles its videos.
  9. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

63,382 Messages
    2,231 Likes Received
    theogt's not the only one... It took almost 15 mins to watch it. It was freezing every other minute.

But I persevered...and it was a good watch... eventually. lol
  10. Jammer

Jammer Retired Air Force Guy

2,771 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    I guess I got lucky. It loaded right up for me. Funny video.

Reminded me somewhat of the Jewel karaoke skit. She dressed up as a frumpy business woman and she played a reluctant karaoke singer. Natrually when finally got on stage and sang she wowed the audience.
  11. wittenacious

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Any suggestions as to how YouTube vids can be posted and watched more effectively here, or is it just a hit 'n' miss proposition with YT? Sorry about the problems watching the video, for anyone experiencing issues.
  12. WoodysGirl

63,382 Messages
    2,231 Likes Received
    I'm willing to blame it on my connection and youtube more than anything you could've done. I appreciate you posting it cuz it was funny.

Like WV, I wish they would've shown people's reactions after they revealed his identity.
  13. WoodysGirl

63,382 Messages
    2,231 Likes Received
    That was on Funny or Die, right? I saw that vid, too. What cracked me up was they said she sounded better than Jewel. lol
  14. wittenacious

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Saw that, too ... some saying that "Jewel Incognito" was better than Jewel, as herself, was actually kind of charming, IMO ... rooting for the first seen and heard "Plain Jane" performer who wowed them out of nowhere.

Really enjoyed that particular Funny or Die Jewel video and the premise behind it. I think it's pretty cool to get to see real people who are honestly surprised by something/ someone they never see coming.
  15. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

10,967 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    Great video. That was a quality NBA walk @2:25... He took like 6 steps on the way to the basket without dribbling. :laugh1:
  16. wittenacious

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    "Uncle Drew" can get away with that. He's an old timer who worked his way into the good graces of the assembled fans. Now, if everyone knew it was Kyrie Irving ... HE get's called out, amateur pick-up game or not ... lol. ;)
  17. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,020 Messages
    222 Likes Received
    Pro tip - if a video on youtube is stuttering, pause it, wait a few minutes (it buffers the video while paused) and then hit play.
  18. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    I didn't have a problem with it.
  19. theogt

43,640 Messages
    281 Likes Received
    Not really a pro tip, but in any event, this doesn't work sometimes because they can set videos such that if they're paused it automatically stops downloading altogether. I wish there was an alternative to Youtube, as their site is rage inducing.
  20. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,020 Messages
    222 Likes Received
    You must be special then, because every youtube video I've ever watched does this. You can see the gray progress bar moving while it's paused. There is no setting when uploading a video to not allow this, either.