1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Furrey and the Star....

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by dcjules, Dec 31, 2006.

1. dcjules

dcjules Member

375 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    This is what we have become, a joke......no rspect at all, teams like the Lions come in and dominate.....we allow a 3rd tier WR, come in and throw the ball against the Star mocking us....WOW, how the mighty have fallen.....
  2. Mattsdad

Mattsdad Member

588 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Can someone tell me why this wasnt a penalty....using the football as a prop?
  3. Westcoasthabsfan

Westcoasthabsfan Active Member

2,299 Messages
    6 Likes Received

Agreed something shouldve been done about that but nothing
  4. dirt

dirt Member

288 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    to be disrespected by a former safety turned wide receiver on the worst team over the past 7 years in NFL history is absolutely inexcuseable. I rate that right up there with TO doing the star
    I cant beleive nothing was done. Furrey actually ran along the backline looking for a gap to hit one of the stars. Tells you the mental mind set of this defense
  5. TroyEmmittAndMichael

TroyEmmittAndMichael Member

195 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Blame it on the Defense. If an opponent player scores and denigrates the star, then we need to hold the Defense accountable for that - not the opponent.
  6. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

13,705 Messages
    682 Likes Received
    That really peed me off! The audacity of a WR on a LOWLY ballclub to disrespect us so blatantly and with plenty of time left at that point. The Cowboys should have stomped all over that team after that, but they lack pride and heart, so what the heck?

But back to Furrey dissing the star, was that necessary? I mean really.
  7. Westcoasthabsfan

Westcoasthabsfan Active Member

2,299 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    I half expected to see George Teague to come flying out of the stands and hammer Furrey......
  8. Alweezy

Alweezy Member

564 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    yeah that was actually kind of funny to me, the irony and the symbolism of the whole moment.. I love the Cowboys like the next, but watching that unfold was like damn we're literally letting the Lions, of all teams do whatever the hell they want.

This is still a good team, I think EVERYONE looked beyond the Lions, and once again we got humbled. Not going to panic, but we got three road games now.. there is going to be a lot of gut checking for sure..
  9. SupermanXx

SupermanXx Benched

4,009 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    this is my first post of the day b/c my laptop crapped out on me all night so I watched the game in the living room instead of in my room with my laptop... I have plenty of thoughts on how horrible we are but I just wanted to know what you guys thought about Furrey's little sequence:

1) scores a touchdown
    2) throws the ball full speed at one of those stars, cracking it and knocking it down
    3) he threw that ball right to the handicapped people section, full speed, straight at them
    4) thus, Furrey gains Classiest Player of All-Time award

?
  10. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,083 Messages
    266 Likes Received
    Yeah that was pretty bad, but no Cowboy did anything to him.
  11. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,515 Messages
    463 Likes Received

If I were anywhere near that section I could of jumped onto the field and ended his career on the spot. It's piece of crap players like that is what's wrong with sports today.
  12. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,765 Messages
    2,820 Likes Received
    You forgot #5

Someone post a thread about something that already has it's own thread.:D
  13. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,617 Messages
    1,428 Likes Received
    We got bigger fish to fry than worrying about THAT.
  14. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,248 Messages
    1,202 Likes Received
    lol i see it now mike furrey public enemy number 1 for angry cowboy fans
  15. Billy Bullocks

Billy Bullocks Active Member

4,075 Messages
    3 Likes Received

Yes, as in stopping a 2-13 team from putting up 39
  16. Catch-22

Catch-22 Member

872 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm pretty sure he chucked the ball right where the handicapped kids in wheelchairs sit. The place where Keyshawn used to deposit his touchdowns.

Furrey has no reason to know that, but it just makes it look even more disrespectful.
  17. SupermanXx

SupermanXx Benched

4,009 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    whatev. :cool:
  18. Word Mofo

Word Mofo Active Member

756 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    The Lions are such a pathetic franchise they need to do things like this to feel good about themselves. I guess they're all setting their TiVOs to record the NFL draft now.
  19. Achilleslastand

Achilleslastand Well-Known Member

1,060 Messages
    82 Likes Received
    Yes i agree,to let a 3rd tier receiver at best come in and disrespect the star and appear to be a world-beater,but we all know anyone can get open on crossing routes plus the fact most teams are looking out for Mike and Roy Williams....What a sad sad day......wheres G Teague when you need him to take someone out for disrespecting the star......What a joke Furrey,Kitna,the cboy nonexistent pass rush,poor coverage and horrible O line
  20. SupermanXx

SupermanXx Benched

4,009 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I just made a semi-long post about that... *smacks you*