1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Future Bounty: The 2013 QB Draft Class

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Apr 2, 2012.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,020 Messages
    42 Likes Received
  2. CowboyHawg2012

CowboyHawg2012 New Member

65 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Did i not just post this 2 days ago? my own opinion too..
  3. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,020 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    whoops, sorry if you did. Sometimes I post alot and I forget if article was already posted. :bow: But I did post the article with the link where I got it.
  4. VThokie7

VThokie7 Well-Known Member

1,881 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    Crazy to think Logan went from not even wanting to play QB to blowing up in his first season as a starter. Never would've thought there was a chance going into last season he could leave early for the NFL. Certainly shows the eye for talent the Hokies coaches have. Granted Logan Thomas was a 5 star recruit, but as an athlete not as a QB. And it took them all of one day of practice to decide where to put him.
  5. Leadbelly

Leadbelly Active Member

352 Messages
    58 Likes Received
    That's insane. The guy is huge. What position was he supposed to play?
  6. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,375 Messages
    668 Likes Received
    I am intrigued by Thomas for sure.
  7. CowboyHawg2012

65 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Apparently Logan ran a 4.62 during spring testing for Va Tech
  8. VThokie7

1,881 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    Most teams were recruiting him to play TE and I believe some were even going to give him a shot at WR. He did play QB his junior and senior year of high school, but at first was hesitant about red shirting and playing QB. Wanted to play right away.

It is insane to see how quickly he progressed, his first four games were a little rough and he was near perfect against Miami and didn't let up.
  9. VThokie7

1,881 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    He is athletic for sure and once he gets going, you don't want to be in front of him. And he got even bigger during the off season and actually worked out with George Whitfield at a camp. Link
  10. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

3,984 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    I could actually see us grabbing Landry Jones
  11. CowboyHawg2012

65 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We wont grab landry jones(i hope). but, there being 7 possible first round quality qb's, im going to assume that 7 qb's wont be drafted in the 1st, so someone or 2-3 of them will fall to the 2nd, at which point I think it would be very smart to grab one and let them sit behind romo for a year. I can see Aaron Murray or Tyler Bray falling.
    -I think if Logan Thomas has another good year, we'll see cam newton type hype pick up and he'll go top 5.
    -Barring a significant step back, Matt Barkley will be number 1 or 2 pick
    -Tyler Wilson should be a top 20 pick, but he could fall
    -Landry Jones will be 2nd or 3rd rounder but is the least regarded of the qb's
  12. JackWagon

JackWagon Well-Known Member

1,346 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    Why draft tannehill this year when you can wait for this bevy of prospects next year? I think Miami is gonna screw this up.