1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

FWIW: Yahoo mock draft

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by needforspeed, Apr 9, 2007.

1. needforspeed

needforspeed Legend in my spare time

667 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  2. BLT

BLT Member

807 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    i'd take it
  3. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,432 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    i'de hope we wouldn't take Anthony Gonzalez with Ben Grubbs and Justin Blaylock still on the board
  4. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

24,996 Messages
    628 Likes Received
    Houston is a guy who may shoot up the board a bit. WR would be a dumb choce with the best guard in the draft still there
  5. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Well-Known Member

5,826 Messages
    194 Likes Received
    Same here. I'd throw something through the TV if Blalock or Grubbs were still available when we make our 2nd round pick and we passed them up at that spot. It would take STUPID to a new level.
  6. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,432 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    i second that...hmm do we want a Kevin Curtis (Anthony Gonzalez) or a Shawn Andrews (Ben Grubbs)?
  7. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,304 Messages
    2,866 Likes Received
    There are a bunch of names I would like to see make a move for at the end of the first and the second round. That is why a trade down wouldn't surprise me.
  8. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  9. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Well-Known Member

5,826 Messages
    194 Likes Received
    While I don't have any problem whatsoever with your picks (actually I'd love it if we were so fortunate), I have to disagree with your claim that this is a weak CB draft. Not so.
  10. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'll be semi-pissed if we pass on Ginn
  11. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I really don't see a single CB out there who is a "shutdown" type player. Even guys like Leon Hall are thought to be better in a zone scheme. Here's a few quotes about the CB class from the ESPN website...

"In our opinion, Hall grades out as a mid-first round prospect but in a weak class of cornerbacks he could come off the board in the top-10 picks."

"Revis projects as a mid-to-late first round selection in the underwhelming 2007 cornerback class."

I can't find any other websites that talk about the strength of the class, but like I said I just see a lot of question marks with pretty much all of the prospects. Why do you think its so strong?
  12. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great bass players Staff Member

35,433 Messages
    2,789 Likes Received
    Do people just put up outrageous mock drafts to be kool? No way are those guys falling that far unless they commit felonies.
  13. Big Dakota

Big Dakota New Member

11,875 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Houston plays EXACTLY like Wade needs a CB to play, on an island. Wade will blitz a bunch and expect man to man coverage and that is what this kid excels at.
  14. THUMPER

THUMPER Papa

9,522 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Worst mock ever. :rolleyes:
  15. Achozen

Achozen Sounds From The Lair

5,076 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'd be alright with it. I still think Aaron Glenn has another year in him.

Hopefully Wade puts him back in the slot, he got burned alot playing on the outside.
  16. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I would definitely prefer grabing a true OLB/DE to pair with D-Ware!
  17. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

15,405 Messages
    807 Likes Received
    For the lazy.
  18. Jake0

Jake0 Member

503 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Hmm.. if both Revis and Hall are gone by 22, I'd prefer we take a WR there, and there should be one of the big ones left if both of those guys are gone. Houston looks like a great prospect, but we already have TNew and now both starting corners would be extremely outsized by some of the freakish WRs. Henry is tall and also has a massive wingspan, if we want a future replacement it should be someone in his mold imo plus a bit more speed wouldn't hurt. Aaron Ross would be ok... I just really hate how he's already 25 years old. Hall/Revis or WR.
  19. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,914 Messages
    1,683 Likes Received

haha.....get ready to be pissed.......:laugh2:
  20. starfrombirth

starfrombirth Well-Known Member

3,683 Messages
    352 Likes Received
    No offense but I hope your P.O.'d to no end. :D