1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

News: FWST: “Where do you think the Cowboys match up most favorably with the SB champs?"

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Feb 7, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Everything is everything... Staff Member

69,319 Messages
    9,981 Likes Received
    Clarence Hill, Cowboys beat writer: Wow ... As of right now, the Cowboys don't match up well against the Giants, who have a better offensive line, better receivers, better defensive line, a better secondary, albeit slightly, and -- dare I say it? -- a better quarterback. The Cowboys have the edge at tight end, running back and linebacker because of DeMarcus Ware and Sean Lee. The emergence of DeMarco Murray puts the Cowboys over top at running back. But none of it appears to be enough to put the Cowboys over the top in the NFC East, where they will head into next season as the third best team behind the Giants and the Eagles and just ahead of the Redskins.”

Charean Williams, Cowboys beat writer: Um, well ... Let's see ... The Giants are better at quarterback, better in the offensive line, better at receiver. They have a better pass rush. Their secondary isn't any worse than the Cowboys. The Cowboys do have a better running game. DeMarco Murray looks like a star in the making, and pairing him with Felix Jones, the Cowboys could have a good one-two punch there next year behind fullback Tony Fiammetta. But the Cowboys have a lot of areas they have to get better in this off-season if they are going to catch the Giants.”

Carlos Mendez, Cowboys beat writer: The areas where the Cowboys compare favorably to the Giants are on offense. The quarterback, running back and tight end for the Cowboys are good enough to start for the Giants – in fact, would, except for the quarterback. But the Giants wouldn’t take any of the Cowboys’ linemen, except Tyron Smith.

Read the rest of Carlos Mendez and David Humphrey's responses: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...he-cowboys-match-up-best-with-the-giants.html
  2. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

25,980 Messages
    19,211 Likes Received
    I like our pass catchers against their cover guys.

If, of course, we can get the defensive line blocked.
  3. jgboys1

jgboys1 Well-Known Member

3,920 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    Our stadium kicks there stadiums ***.
  4. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

23,437 Messages
    2,465 Likes Received
    And our :star: kicks their "NY" emblem any day of the week and twice on Sundays.
  5. jgboys1

jgboys1 Well-Known Member

3,920 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    I like it!:D
  6. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We have a better QB, tight end, and our best pash rusher is better than their best, but that's about it.
  7. DA FAN

DA FAN Active Member

1,081 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Our Owner has a BIGGER ego than theirs...

Our owner is more popular than theirs...

Our owner is the face of this team....

How about that!!!

(I'm being sarcastic, of course)
  8. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

24,804 Messages
    1,920 Likes Received
    Frankly I couldn't care any less how they match up in opinions. I'm only concerned with them improving this team, starting with the interior O-line and the pass rush/secondary and then I'll love our chances no matter who you put us up against.
  9. JerryFan

JerryFan Active Member

1,243 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    :hammer: