1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: A cleansed Dooley ready for a new start after firing by Tennessee

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Feb 14, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

63,368 Messages
    2,208 Likes Received
    Newly-hired Cowboys receivers coach Derek Dooley doesn't shy from the fact that he was rocked by firing as head coach at Tennessee last fall.

"I felt that I couldn’t do a good job to whoever I went until I got cleansed, so to speak," Dooley said. "You’ve got so many emotions when things like that happen, from disappointment to anger to frustration to blame. It’s important to really cleanse all that out and start looking forward. I felt like the first thing I needed to do was get right, get myself right. Really the month of December, that’s what I was doing. In January, I wasn’t really looking for anything. Quite frankly, this opportunity was one that really excited me and I couldn’t turn down, because not only the amount of respect I have in Coach Garrett, but also it’s the Dallas Cowboys, and I’ve got a great amount of respect for the Jones family and belief in what they’re doing, and I was just real excited to be a part of it.”

2. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,798 Messages
    368 Likes Received
    Good young coach, I think he'll do a fine job. I know one thing he can recruit WRs those guys in TN can play.
  3. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I laugh at all the fools on this forum who say idiotic things about how no good player or coach would want to come here.
  4. BlueStar3398

BlueStar3398 Active Member

1,542 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I just watched all of the interviews with the new coaches. All of them seem to be very happy to be in Dallas.

Pollack, surprisingly, grew up a Cowboys fan. When I heard his accent, I thought he was from somewhere up North. He said he grew up in AZ and has family in Texas.
  5. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,815 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    I guess a cleansed dooley is better than a dirty dooley.
  6. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Let me be the first to give him a nickname---"Tom". I'm sure after he was fired by Tenn. he walked around with his head hanging down and cried. How about it u like it-LOL
  7. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

46,902 Messages
    1,802 Likes Received
    Clearly he isn't a member of the CZ yet.

:rolleyes:
  8. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,640 Messages
    281 Likes Received
    If teams didn't hire coaches that were fired at previous jobs, there'd be a lot of vacancies around the league. Everyone has a few big flops in their career. I'm sure he's out to prove himself now. Buy low, sell high, right?
  9. FiveTime

FiveTime Member

152 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    "Quite frankly, this opportunity was one that really excited me and I couldn’t turn down, because not only the amount of respect I have in Coach Garrett, but also it’s the Dallas Cowboys"

I love reading comments like this :)
  10. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

4,131 Messages
    789 Likes Received
    What I find truly amazing is how many former HC's we have on our staff and they all say that they have RESPECT for our puppet coach. :D

Jerry must have told them all to say such things. :banghead:
  11. Shiloht88

Shiloht88 Benched

64 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not that they don't respect Jason, but if they bad mouthed him after being hired it would be stupid and they would or should be immediately fired. Hardly proves Jerry isn't pulling strings.
  12. mahoneybill

mahoneybill Active Member

611 Messages
    147 Likes Received
    Good One
  13. Primetime42

Primetime42 Well-Known Member

2,707 Messages
    64 Likes Received
    Just keep the orange pants in the closet, eh?