1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST Blog: Tony Romo answers Deion Sanders, Marshall Faulk

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 20, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,186 Messages
    5,741 Likes Received
    Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo did the postgame interview on the NFL Network after Saturday night's game, paying the visit to the sideline set at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa to take questions from Deion Sanders, Marshall Faulk and Kara Henderson.

Sanders, one of Romo's harshest critics, promised Romo that if he took the Cowboys to the NFC Championship Game, Sanders would wear a Tony Romo jersey on television.

He also told Romo, when referring to his and Faulk's criticism after the Jets and Lions game: "It's not like we hate you."

Some excerpts:

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...omo-handles-deion-sanders-marshall-faulk.html
  2. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,543 Messages
    103 Likes Received
    My favorite part of the interview was when Faulk questioned Romo about "funny ball." Romo is very quick to take responsibility for things gone bad. Too much so IMO. This time Tony stood firm. He told Faulk that he has gone back and analyzed those situations to see if they turn out more negatively (as implied) or positively when he has to improvise. His answer was that they tend to turn out positively. Hence, "what's not to like? I'm going to keep doing it."

The above is not a direct quote from Romo but does convey the point that his improvising has had more positive results than negative. I agree. I'd never want him to stop being Tony Romo, the escape artist and improvisor extratordinairre.
  3. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,926 Messages
    2,154 Likes Received
    I watched that interview and was very impressed.
    I think some maybe were surprised by how much making bad plays bothers Romo. Some still cling to that one misinterpreted comment he made years ago regarding football and life. They somehow took as if the guy that most his coaches call one the most competitivve guys they know, somehow didn't care.
    Of course the man cares.

As much of a hater as Faulk is, I suspect he was at least somewhat impressed. Not that Romo should care one way or the other...
  4. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,219 Messages
    496 Likes Received
    Faulk and Sanders are idiots. They are terrible at their job and the NFL Network is a joke with some of it's broadcasters.
  5. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,293 Messages
    3,026 Likes Received
    Romo must have felt a hit was about to take places. :laugh2:

Guys like Warner, Mooch and of course Mike all had to leave but who have had good things to say about Romo in the past. So who is left to do the post game? Deion and Faulk 2 of Romo harshest critics.
  6. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

3,962 Messages
    450 Likes Received
    No, Warner seemed sensible at first. But then he got "ESPN-ized" and went insane.
  7. Doomsday101

77,293 Messages
    3,026 Likes Received
    He says what he thinks some of his comments about Romo have been very positive and yes there are things he wants to see from Tony. I really do not have an issue with that but based on things I have heard he has a pretty positive outlook towards Romo.
  8. cowboys2233

3,962 Messages
    450 Likes Received
    Then you didn't hear him last week. I wish I could remember specifically what it was he said, but I tend to shut down when folks start talking crazy. I just remember there were a couple of incredibly stupid, ignorant nuggets. But again, I'm not sure I blame Warner, I think the big wigs got in his ear and "suggested" he stir up some controversy.
  9. Doomsday101

77,293 Messages
    3,026 Likes Received
    I heard him say last week he wants to see Romo come up big in crunch time to help this team to a win. While I think some of that gets over played since the truth is Romo has put us in position to win even in a couple of game we ended up losing.

Again I don't have much of a issue with that even though I may disagree somewhat, all in all i think he has been fair when talking about Romo. Unlike Faulk who I can't recall many good things he has had to say about Romo.

I don't expect these guys to coddle Romo or any player I also do not feel the need to be in 100% agreement with all statements they make but what I do hope to see is some fairness in their statements.

Mooch has been critical of Romo at time but overall he has also been fair in his assessment with Romo
  10. cowboys2233

3,962 Messages
    450 Likes Received
    Yes, this was it! And you've already pointed out the ignorance of his words.

If Warner wanted to see Romo come up big in crunch time, all he had to do was watch the games.