1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST Blog: When Jerry speaks, Roy listens...thoughts on the Coaching change

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 10, 2010.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,268 Messages
    7,118 Likes Received
    Jones spoke to the team again on Monday and, again, made it clear that jobs are on the line. Wide receiver Roy Williams said all the players were paying attention.

“When the owner speaks, you better listen,” Williams said. “It’s not like the head coach is speaking or your position coach is speaking. We are talking about the man who writes his name on your checks. So when he speaks, you better listen. That’s what he says, so that’s what you’ve got to do.”

Williams, the loquacious one, is always entertaining and is one of the most cooperative players in the locker room. He had a few thoughts on the current state of affairs.

-- Jan Hubbard

Read more from Roy: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/cowboys/2010/11/when-jerry-speaks-roy-listens.html
  2. RCowboyFan

RCowboyFan New Member

6,926 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Little Bill Parcells in him eh? No Dominos or cards in Lockeroom again? Garrett learned something from maybe Nick Saban or did play under Tom Coughlin too?
  3. anava

anava Well-Known Member

1,586 Messages
    109 Likes Received
    “When the owner speaks, you better listen,” Williams said. “It’s not like the head coach is speaking or your position coach is speaking. We are talking about the man who writes his name on your checks. So when he speaks, you better listen. That’s what he says, so that’s what you’ve got to do.”

Biggest problem with this team!
  4. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    No kidding. I cringed when I read that. :bang2:
  5. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    well thats comes from the mouth

that stated

we can win 8 in a row
  6. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,868 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    Why wasn't anyone listening to Jerry earlier in the year?
  7. sago1

sago1 Active Member

7,789 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    RWilliams is correct that the players will listen to Jerry Jones cause he signs their paychecks. Does anybody else need to realize which kind of indictment on how Jerry runs this team. The HC of the Cowboys must have the power to ensure all his players realize they are out the door if they don't do their job to his standards. But Jerry's ego is so strong he wants to be king pin over everything.

Wonder if he will ever learn he's the constant problem since Jimmy Johnson left. Except for when he brought in Parcells who helped turn it around--at least for a while. I'm hoping that Garrett is assured as he presents himself to be; and frankly, he does what HE believes is necessary whether Jerry likes it or not. After all, if Garrett can somehow get this team to play hard, even in a losing effort, the Cowboys will gain back some respect.

A few wins will also help but odds are against that given our poor OL along with our poor secondary.

Wouldn't it be ironic if Garrett did succeed given what he has to do. But wouldn't it also be ironic if Jerry offered him the HC job & Garrett turned it down cause he realized Jerry would never allow his HC to really be the HC.