News: FWST: Bruce Carter says he too is surprised by his ascension

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 19, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Need A Win...By any means necessary Staff Member

70,936 Messages
    12,923 Likes Received
    -- Carlos Mendez

Last week, defensive coordinator Rob Ryan said he was surprised by linebacker Bruce Carter’s sudden ascension.

Monday, Carter said, me too.

“Yeah, I think so,” he said. “Me being able to learn the defense and adapt as fast as I did – I mean, I think for me, my huge thing was just learning the playbook, and then once I learned that, it slowed everything down for me and then I was able to just play. Now I just basically line up, run to the ball, ball here, pads drop, just play football, basically.”

He was already a starter when the season began, after missing much of last season recovering from a knee injury suffered in college. But now the second-year player is thriving with the extra work.

“It’s been different,” he said of the change from last year to this year. “I didn’t play nearly as much as I do now. I’m just trying to take everything in stride, learn as much as I can. I still talk to Sean about things I don’t know, and ’Flus and Rob and everybody. So, I mean, I’m still learning. A lot of my game is ahead of me, and I’m still learning every day.”

Read more here:
  2. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,751 Messages
    768 Likes Received
    Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce Carter is a "special talent"... I put him in the D-Ware category with the physical gifts and the smarts.