1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Bruce Carter says he too is surprised by his ascension

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 19, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,092 Messages
    4,017 Likes Received
    -- Carlos Mendez

Last week, defensive coordinator Rob Ryan said he was surprised by linebacker Bruce Carter’s sudden ascension.

Monday, Carter said, me too.

“Yeah, I think so,” he said. “Me being able to learn the defense and adapt as fast as I did – I mean, I think for me, my huge thing was just learning the playbook, and then once I learned that, it slowed everything down for me and then I was able to just play. Now I just basically line up, run to the ball, ball here, pads drop, just play football, basically.”

He was already a starter when the season began, after missing much of last season recovering from a knee injury suffered in college. But now the second-year player is thriving with the extra work.

“It’s been different,” he said of the change from last year to this year. “I didn’t play nearly as much as I do now. I’m just trying to take everything in stride, learn as much as I can. I still talk to Sean about things I don’t know, and ’Flus and Rob and everybody. So, I mean, I’m still learning. A lot of my game is ahead of me, and I’m still learning every day.”

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...on-all-it-took-was-learning-the-playbook.html
  2. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,014 Messages
    443 Likes Received
    Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce Carter is a "special talent"... I put him in the D-Ware category with the physical gifts and the smarts.