1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Bryant tells Jordan Brand "let me show you I'm worthy" by working for free

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, May 29, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,273 Messages
    7,121 Likes Received
    Clarence Hill

Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant is so confident in his abilities to not only adhere to Jordan's advice of staying out of trouble but also continuing to develop as one of the league top game breakers that he will not get paid the first year of his three-year endorsement deal with Jordan Brand at his request.

According to a source, it was Bryant’s idea to work for free the first year of the deal outside of athletic gear/apparel and prove himself worthy of the Jordan Brand.

“He told Jordan, let me show you,” the source said.

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...y-by-working-for-free-the-1st-yr-of-deal.html
  2. DCBoysfan

DCBoysfan Hardwork and Dedication Zone Supporter

4,538 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    You dont hear that everyday.
  3. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,689 Messages
    284 Likes Received
    I'm impressed. When does an athlete just not care about getting paid? Good for dez
  4. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,202 Messages
    2,039 Likes Received
    When it's Michael Jeffrey Jordan you are trying to represent apparently.

Good for Dez. This could be a business move that could take care of him for life if he plays his cards right.
  5. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,941 Messages
    135 Likes Received
    Yeah he could hit a home run money wise if he can keep it inbetween the navigational lines.
  6. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,630 Messages
    2,180 Likes Received
    Whoever is advising/mentoring Dez this past year is doing an outstanding job!
  7. xpistofer

xpistofer Member

946 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    such a bad apple...wish we didn't draft him. :banghead:

;)
  8. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,102 Messages
    836 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  9. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,275 Messages
    541 Likes Received
    Good for him. I guess the only thing he could have done better, was take the money but donate 100% of it to charity.

I hope Dez continues down the right path, the sky is the limit for him.
  10. QT

QT Active Member

1,902 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    "Of course, if you know Bryant the Jordan gear is like money to him."

Have you seen the prices of the retro Jordan's lately?
  11. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,586 Messages
    2,243 Likes Received
    Dez might have the biggest chip on his shoulder I've ever seen.

Dude is dead set on proving tht he's matured.
  12. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

6,294 Messages
    1,496 Likes Received
    OMG .... I feel all squenchy inside:catty:
  13. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,762 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Great to hear this, but I wish Dez would just stick with the Vapor Carbons. The Jumpman cleats he wore this season were nasty.
  14. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

2,456 Messages
    659 Likes Received
    You've gotta give Dez credit for his willingness to prove himself. How many athletes nowadays would propose such an act-of-faith-type deal to their potential sponsor? Practically none that I know of. Now, THAT'S what you'd have to call a deal they can't refuse! Gotta admit here, I've been a little bit skeptical of Dez's sincerity in the past but that's pretty doggone hard to ignore. Perhaps there really IS something to this turnaround thing! At the same time, it gives him added impetus to keep his nose clean in the future. Now, that's a pretty good motivational tool, if you ask me. Ah lak it, ah lak it a lawt!!
  15. Erik_H

Erik_H Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun. Zone Supporter

2,453 Messages
    81 Likes Received
    I had the exact same thought initially. But at the same time credit should be given to Dez for the fact that he is listening. The best mentor/advisor in the world can't mentor without a willing student. It seems Dez is determined to break free of the label he was given. That is great news for us as Cowboys fans and for everyone who cares for Dez as a human being.