1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Cowboys' Anthony Spencer ready to rebound from slow start

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by MichaelWinicki, Nov 4, 2010.

1. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

31,756 Messages
    2,516 Likes Received
    Cowboys' Anthony Spencer ready to rebound from slow start
    Posted Wednesday, Nov. 03, 2010
    By Charean Williams

cjwilliams@star-telegram.com

IRVING -- This was supposed to be Anthony Spencer's year. The Dallas Cowboys linebacker had 58 tackles, eight sacks, 22 quarterback pressures and two forced fumbles in the team's final eight games of last season, including the postseason.

But Spencer, the 26th overall pick in 2007, has had a quiet fourth season so far. He has 44 tackles, three sacks, eight quarterback pressures and one forced fumble.

"I find myself in some position to make plays, but plays are going away from me," Spencer said. "Or when I do, I'm getting chipped or whatnot. I really couldn't tell you [it hasn't gone as well this season]."

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/11/03/2602586/cowboys-anthony-spencer-ready.html#ixzz14JVugnsW
  2. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

4,860 Messages
    443 Likes Received
    this in a nutshell is Wades problem....how can you call ANYONE dominant when you get horse whipped like we did....and even if someone did play well...getting the brakes beat off you at home is not a time to "talk up" anyones play. My God how did we EVER think we were going to win a Super Bowl with this guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,263 Messages
    222 Likes Received
    So if Spencer had such a great game last week...and if he claims plays are going away from him...either everyone is full of sheep dip, or DWare is having an awful year.
  4. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wait a minute? He's not having that bad of a year... Come on now! Those are respectable numbers in my opinion...
  5. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

4,860 Messages
    443 Likes Received
    are you being sarcastic? just asking. Because our pass defense is horrendous...in large part due to the pressure not getting there. So if he is having a good year...and DWare is having an even better year....what gives?
  6. jamesdojr

jamesdojr Member

650 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I wish all these guys would just stop talking. It doesn't matter anymore if he rebounds from a slow start.

I'd make Mike Jenkins and Anthony Spencer bring McCann and Butler water during comercial breaks. But they probably wouldn't be able to execute that properly.

7. Iago33

Iago33 Well-Known Member

1,440 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    It's good that he decided to start doing his job. That's nice of him. He should get an award.
  8. garyv

garyv Active Member

1,410 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Honestly he would not start for me next season and the main reason is he lacks fire in his play. He needs to be behind someone that plays with more intensity. I would like to see him coming off the bench next season. We need someone across from Ware that plays with a fire.