1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Cowboys' Dez Bryant can frustrate even on the cusp of greatness

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 29, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,010 Messages
    3,952 Likes Received
    By Gil LeBreton
    glebreton@star-telegram.com

ARLINGTON — In the final 16 seconds of Sunday's game, receiver Dez Bryant leaped as only he among the Cowboys can leap.

He grabbed Tony Romo's desperation, 37-yard pass as only he can grab.

The back judge signaled a breathtaking touchdown. The audience erupted.
    But once again, as only Dez Bryant seems to be able to do, it was only a tease.

Mere fingertips. Two inches, at most.

That's how close Bryant came Sunday to his long-awaited Cowboys emancipation.

Two inches. Mere fingertips.

That's how close Bryant came Sunday to finally, in his third NFL season, sending the Cowboys crowd home in happy exultation.

His atonement -- the game-winning catch -- was in one hand. But his ongoing curse -- his fingertips that landed beyond the end line -- was judged to be in the other.

No catch. No touchdown. No memorably historic Cowboys victory.

And no heroic redemption for Dez Bryant.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/10/28/4370293/cowboys-dez-bryant-can-frustrate.html#storylink=cpy
  2. tomson75

tomson75 Brain Dead Shill

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    "Cusp of greatness"....I'm not seeing it.
  3. JakeCamp12

JakeCamp12 Well-Known Member

2,098 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    Some people are snake bit, he seems to be one of them. Shame, seems like a nice kid, just doesn't have what it takes to be great.
  4. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,746 Messages
    667 Likes Received
    Insult him, berate him, diminish him.. do whatever you want.. but that catch was nothing short of amazing. For him to go up and get that between two defenders, that's something only maybe a handful of guys can do in this league, and something i hope we start seeing more of. Tony needs to learn on those deep routes that sometimes when you have a receiver like Dez you need to just chuck it up and let him go get it. Great catch, even if it ended up a half a fingertip out of bounds. Great effort.
  5. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,509 Messages
    747 Likes Received
    Dez Bryant is a supremely talented coach and QB killer. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Kudos on his effort at he end of the game. But it doesn't erase his mind numbing errors earlier in the game. And the mistakes he continues to make running routes that makes Romo look like an idiot. He also should never field another punt again.
  6. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,813 Messages
    1,236 Likes Received
    Watch closer.
  7. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received

What catch? Pass was incomplete. Let's talk about the lazy route he ran.
  8. tomson75

tomson75 Brain Dead Shill

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I've watched closely. I just don't see it. It's not a knock on his undeniably remarkable god-given talent....moreso an observation of his propensity to fail mentally.

I hope he can right the ship, but I don't see him suddenly curbing these habits at this point. I'm not hating. I just dont have any faith in him.
  9. DavidS

DavidS Well-Known Member

1,106 Messages
    187 Likes Received
  10. DavidS

DavidS Well-Known Member

1,106 Messages
    187 Likes Received
  11. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,813 Messages
    1,236 Likes Received
    To me, that's the epitome of "cusp of greatness" :laugh2: I guess we just have a different take on that.

Production is there. Physical ability is there. Mental part isn't there yet. He's 23 and still learning to be a pro. That's darn close to greatness imo.