1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Cowboys in the market for a solid backup for oft-injured DeMarco Murray

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Feb 25, 2013.

1. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Le'Veon Bell--More than half of his yards(922) were made after initial hit. 3rd or 4th round.
  2. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,481 Messages
    648 Likes Received
    Reading into what they're saying, it seems like they're looking for a starting-caliber back.
  3. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,232 Messages
    7,023 Likes Received
    For sure. And I'd like a backup RB in the 4th or 5th just fine, if it's the right guy. I'm only thinking we're short on picks and that veteran FA RB is a good place to find a guy with pass blocking experience and a bit of tire tread left without breaking the bank. Let us focus on finding the developmental players we need on offense by renting a back for a season, and then we can fill that need next year and still have a player available to leverage Murray before his contract push.
  4. bkight13

bkight13 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,410 Messages
    703 Likes Received
    I would do both, but later in the draft or UDFA. We still are only looking for a backup to Murray.
  5. 8FOR!3

8FOR!3 Well-Known Member

1,338 Messages
    50 Likes Received
    Marcus Lattimore, Ed Lacy, and Christine Michael are three I'd be happy with. Doesn't matter which one.
  6. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

....I've been hyping this kid for weeks: he's the real deal. Gained 1,700 yds on 360ish carries last year on a team with a VERY mediocre line. As Kirk said, 922 yds AFTER contact:D .....hes' like Morris of the skins except more physical, slightly bigger and can REALLY catch the ball. Praying he falls to 3rd round when we pick but many are saying he could go mid to late 2nd round now as he had a strong combine (his 10 yard shuttle was 2nd best of ALL the backs....for a 230 lb man that's amazing)He's a special talent and a great kid
  7. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,049 Messages
    2,234 Likes Received
    Fumbler who can't pass protect.
  8. Kristen82

Kristen82 Benched

965 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    Might need one that can return kicks too should something ever happen to Harris, unless we're keeping Dunbar as the 3rd RB over Tanner.
  9. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,115 Messages
    472 Likes Received
    Exactly a tough big back like Bell is my preference!
  10. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,115 Messages
    472 Likes Received
    Man you don't have to sell me on that kid... I think he's a very good talent. I look at him at 230 lbs running a 4.6 40 and the shuttle was crazy!
  11. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

2,383 Messages
    634 Likes Received
    He's fallen out of favor due to his blocking (or rather the lack thereof).
  12. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Doug Martin ran for 250 yards in a game when both Devin Joseph and Carl Nicks were both on IR. Runningbacks make OLs in the running game as much, if not moreso, than vice versa.
  13. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

....if you look at his tape, he has a unique blend of great feet and immense power at the point of attack. That's how he gained close to 1,800 yards behind a VERY vanilla offensive line. He has some work to do on vision and hitting the hole hard and quick because quite frankly he didn't have alot of holes the last two years at MSU....they were racked by injuries and saved by this kid.
  14. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,163 Messages
    864 Likes Received

Impossible. I've been told that you need great guards to run the ball.