1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Cowboys offense continues to sputter, scoring only 17 points

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

27,768 Messages
    3,757 Likes Received
    You don't need excuses when you win.

I'd be happy to ride 18 offensive points/game plus two scores on defense and special teams all the way to the Superbowl if I can get it. That ring won't be any less shiny.

Only in Dallas does the way in which you win a must-win game convincingly on the road come under scrutiny. "Yes, you put out that fire, but now you're out of water! Did you even stop to think of that, Mr. Wasteful?" Sheesh.
  2. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,714 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    It would be different if the offense looked good all yr and just had a off day. This offense has sucked all year and the eagles game did nothing to show they have turned the corner. 18 ppg will not cut it
  3. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not sure what you wanted to see. Should they not have returned the punt and interception for TDs in order to allow the offense to have to score themselves, and therefore actually try???

Again, I am not arguing the offense has not been up to par so far this year, but I really do not believe that anyone can claim the Eagles game as a continuation of that.
  4. Little Jr

2,714 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    If anyone like what they saw from the offense vs the eagles then I guess that's just your opinion. I saw the same 18ppg offense I saw all yr.
  5. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ok, so, what did you want to see? why keep on repeating "18ppg"?? yes, the offense itself did not score more than that average. many posts here explain why that was the case. They are not excuses, they are the facts of the situation and how the game turned out.
  6. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

2,610 Messages
    317 Likes Received
    I agree
  7. Little Jr

2,714 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    Again if the offense you saw Sunday was any better than what they've shown all season then I don't know what to tell you except that's your opinion. The offense I saw was the same offense I've seen all yea which is the same 18ppg offnese they have been all year.
  8. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    are you actually reading and responding or is this some type of bot or something??

18ppg...18ppg...18ppg....18ppg......................
  9. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

27,768 Messages
    3,757 Likes Received
    It cuts it every time if you hold the other guys to 17. Or if you score on ST, or on defense. I don't see anything to complain about here, but, by all means, knock yourself out.
  10. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,098 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    Actually what you saw Sunday was an offense on pace for 23 points.
  11. Prossman

Prossman Active Member

944 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    the three quick tds do change your approach to the game. There is no pressure to rack up points with the offense. You can control the clock more. No the offense was world beaters but they didnt have to be.
  12. Little Jr

2,714 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    Lol yes reading and responding. I just saw the same offense I've seen all year and y'all saw something different. We obvioulsy just saw things different. Ill watch the replay tonight and see if it changes my mind.
  13. alohawg

alohawg Active Member

1,241 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    It's the economy stupid or in this case, it's the o-line stupid. Fix the o-line and the offense will look much better......well, that and running the no-Garrett.
  14. Little Jr

2,714 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    Wasn't as bad as I thought but still not very impressive
  15. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,671 Messages
    204 Likes Received
    After the int return they kinda shut it down on offense.

Not saying they would have scored more but you can't really say they wouldn't either
  16. Little Jr

2,714 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    Yep. This offense is just fine. Lol
  17. vicjagger

vicjagger Well-Known Member

2,086 Messages
    40 Likes Received

Who are the Cows? We were playing the Eagles.