1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Cowboys' Owusu-Ansah ready for challenge...humbled by first year in league

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Apr 11, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

63,368 Messages
    2,208 Likes Received
    Posted Sunday, Apr. 10, 2011 0 Comments Print Share Reprints
    By Drew Davison

ddavison@star-telegram.com

ARLINGTON -- Dallas Cowboys kick returner/defensive back Akwasi Owusu-Ansah can't think of anything he didn't experience his first year. He played in seven games, saw the firing of a head coach and endured a season-ending injury after being drafted with an injury.

Going through all of that, Owusu-Ansah only sees upside in his second season. He recently spoke with the Star-Telegram at an NFL Charities bowling event with 40 boys and girls from the Arlington Independent School District.

The NFL is in a lockout, but it doesn't stop players from looking ahead.

What do you think of your rookie season? My rookie year, I experienced everything. It was a new experience, and it humbles you up. I'm coming back 10 times harder than last season, and preparing myself for the season.

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/04/10/2989843/owusu-ansah-ready-for-challenge.html#ixzz1JF5w476e
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt °¤~Cold Eternal~¤° Staff Member

58,770 Messages
    1,698 Likes Received
    Really hope he pans out for us. Was really high on him going into the draft and excited when we took him...but I felt the same way about Watkins and that did not really pan out. :eek::
  3. Stautner

Stautner New Member

10,690 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    At least you are fair about it and recognize we still don't know what we have. Some that post on this site believe he is a can't miss certainty to be a starter and some even feel he is a shoo in to be a standout player.

I'm like you - I liked the pick and thought he was worth taking a shot on because of his size and athleticism.
  4. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

1,510 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    I hope he pans out too. Then again I posted several reasons why we should've picked Bobby Carpenter in 2006 ane was happy with the pick. boy was I dead wrong on that one.
  5. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Dude has the W I D E S T nose i've ever seen.
  6. rash

rash Member

859 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I've already done my fair share of talking about this guy.

Now its just time to sit back and let Akwasi Owusu-Ansah walk the walk.

Future Pro Bowler folks. And if not, a key piece to the defense for years to come
  7. rash

rash Member

859 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Let me add that I wouldn't trade Akwasi Owusu-Ansah for a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round pick.

Of course this is all hypothetically speaking (since A. we can't trade players for picks and B. I don't think any other teams are that high on AOA just yet).

But then again, it only takes one team to see his hidden talents and if they do, don't be surprised if they pounce on him with a lot to offer.

And before you bash me, remember when Peyton Hillis was considered chump change? Who would trade for a backup RB and give up a QB drafted in the 1st round a few years back?
  8. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

73,858 Messages
    974 Likes Received
    Going into the season Owusu-Ansah was not going to be a factor coming off surgery and missing training camp. Now with the labor dispute it really puts him in a hole. One thing for sure we will find out about his work ethic along with others on the team.
  9. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,119 Messages
    113 Likes Received
    Wow:eek: You can bet your home and savings account that Dallas would trade him for a first round pick in less than 3 seconds of the offer.