1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Cowboys punter Mat McBriar has surgery to remove rare cyst

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Feb 10, 2012.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,266 Messages
    1,411 Likes Received
    Cowboys punter Mat McBriar has surgery to remove rare cyst
    By Carlos Mendez
    cmendez@star-telegram.com

Dallas Cowboys punter Mat McBriar said he should make a full recovery and be ready to play again in the fall after having surgery this week to remove a cyst in his left knee, found two weeks ago, which apparently led to the "drop foot" that caused him to end the season on injured reserve.

McBriar underwent the surgery on Tuesday at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn.
    Dr. Robert Spinner, who performed the surgery, said it was a rare condition.

"He's lucky, and I'm lucky because this is what I've been interested in," Spinner said. "There are lots of reasons why people have drop foot. Most are not related to tumors or this type of cyst."...

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/02/09/3724521/cowboys-punter-mat-mcbriar-has.html#storylink=cpy
  2. munkee

munkee Member

342 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    Wow. Great news. I thought his career was over.
  3. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,746 Messages
    89 Likes Received
    I was hoping we would get Wing, the Aussie punter from LSU, if McBriar was done. But I'll take a healthy McBriar any day.
  4. John813

John813 Active Member

551 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    I still wonder if we re-sign him or go with our new Punter, Jones, for next year.

I know we signed Jones to a three year deal, which probably means nothing due to guaranteed money, but IMO the fact we gave him a long deal must mean something.

Then add in McBriar is a very good punter, and will ask for a Top punter money... Makes me wonder
  5. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,649 Messages
    5,561 Likes Received
    That's all I needed to hear.