1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Cowboys so confident in Romo they’ve talked extension

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by RS12, Nov 2, 2012.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,813 Messages
    888 Likes Received
    The Cowboys are 3-4 and quarterback Tony Romo leads the league with 13 interceptions.

So naturally, they want to keep him forever.

According to Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, team vice president Stephen Jones has begum preliminary talks on an extension that would keep him in Dallas until he retires. Romo’s under contract through the end of the 2013 season.

“We still feel that way,” Jones said. “We’ve got a lot of confidence in Tony. Tony has a lot of confidence in himself. He is going to be fine. He is not the problem.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...so-confident-in-romo-theyve-talked-extension/
  2. Illini88228

Illini88228 Well-Known Member

1,194 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    Not extending Romo would be one of the stupidest things any team has ever done.
  3. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,818 Messages
    82 Likes Received
    Extending him would be one of the stupidest things this team has ever done.
  4. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I've got some things to say about Stephen Jones, but I'll wait until after the Atlanta game. I think # 28 will "talk" first and do it in that game.

Stephen Jones sure sounds delusional. The Cowboys are a weekly train wreck waiting to happen, and the coddling of Tony Romo is embarrassing.

Here is a hint:

1-800-Jon Grudenpleasesalvagesomething
  5. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

4,193 Messages
    1,120 Likes Received
    Probably. But they will I bet.
  6. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,376 Messages
    524 Likes Received
    This is bullcrap.
  7. followthestar

followthestar Active Member

2,083 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    I've seen years of horrible snaps sailing past Romo's hands, him having to physically walk a WR to where he should be lined up, countless false starts and delay of game calls, and frustration over coaches not getting the play in on time. He's done a remarkable job with what he's had, and perhaps he has taken a step back this year. But I would still bet on him trying to compete, and I think he has several good years left in him. He and Witten will set a lot of records in Dallas before its done... Winning a ring of course would be better.
  8. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,818 Messages
    82 Likes Received
    I don't even think its that romo is that bad, its a cap issue IMO. we will be forced to pay him and pay him past when he kp anymore.
  9. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,121 Messages
    746 Likes Received
    Gruden loves Romo. I can't believe people want Romo gone. Amazing. He's the only chance we have. Only.
  10. MoClaiborne24

MoClaiborne24 Member

456 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If anything Romo should want to leave. The dude is getting killed, on the field AND in the media.
  11. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,256 Messages
    2,816 Likes Received
    I stopped reading right there. What a stupid way to begin any article.
  12. crashintonickdm

crashintonickdm Active Member

701 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    "He is not the problem"

Read that again haters. Yes he messes up but he's carrying the whole offense on his back
  13. OklahomaCowboy88

OklahomaCowboy88 Benched

265 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If I were Romo I'd tell the team to build me an offensive line before you talk to me about an extension.
  14. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member

7,530 Messages
    109 Likes Received
    exactly. as i said in one of my videos, tony romo is the best quarterback this team has had since troy aikman, and that's saying a lot on my part.
  15. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,163 Messages
    1,102 Likes Received
    How do you know?

I tend to think Romo has a number of good years left in him, however, at age 32 no one can guarantee is hasn't started the slow and inevitable slide that happens to all QBs in their 30s at some point.
  16. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,241 Messages
    327 Likes Received
    Dallas extended a player with blown out achilles heel. They are not seen as competent by most around NFL. Signing Romo just further solidifies Jerry place as being incapable of building championship teams. Its just locks this group into more mediocre seasons and more head-scratching plays at worst moment for Romo.
  17. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke Fierce Allegiance

5,334 Messages
    138 Likes Received
    Everybody needs to just chill, considering that will only be like 2015.
  18. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,496 Messages
    2,003 Likes Received
    It's amazing how quickly everyone has forgotten the Quincy/Hutch/Vinny/Deadslow days.
  19. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

27,959 Messages
    3,900 Likes Received
    They've forgotten last season. And have their eyes mostly closed this season.
  20. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,121 Messages
    746 Likes Received
    Yep. 8-8 would seem like a winning season. :cool: