1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Cowboys so confident in Romo they’ve talked extension

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by RS12, Nov 2, 2012.

1. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,386 Messages
    308 Likes Received
    On the field, this move will waste all the young talent on this team upon an aging quarterback with declining skills.

Off the field, this move runs the risk of sharpening the decline of the fanbase. I think fans are just tired of the Romo years.
  2. Dodger12

Dodger12 Well-Known Member

2,303 Messages
    870 Likes Received
    I remember when fans booed Aikman, as if he could be replaced tomorrow if needed. We see how that turned out. I dread the day Romo either leaves or retires, just as I did with Troy. We haven't even hit rock bottom yet as bad as we've seen this team play.

Off the subject a bit, but this is something that defines a great coach in my opinion. Landry went from Roger to Danny White who took them to multiple NFC Championship games (not forgetting Meredith or even Craig Morton). BP won with multiple QB's both in NE, NY (converted safety for goodness sakes) and even here as well, although to a lesser extent. Belichick went 11 and 5 with Cassel, although who knows how he'd do long term without Brady. I guess what I'm saying is that I'd feel a bit more comfortable and confident if our current regime had some track record finding and/or developing quality a QB.
  3. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

1,946 Messages
    1,383 Likes Received
    I guess it's better to be 7-9 than 5-11.
  4. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,564 Messages
    2,431 Likes Received
    This......
  5. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,219 Messages
    2,014 Likes Received
    Agree!
  6. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,762 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    I agree with extending Romo, he and Witten are seemingly the only two players on offense that can do anything, BUT can we at least wait until we have a winning record and he isn't LEADING the NFL in pics??

I'm getting really sick of watching Jerry pay these guys purely on upside and throwing production straight out the window.
  7. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    yes for peanuts of a contract and one that will not hurt us in the salary cap and one that does not prevent us from drafting or replacing him as a starter.

We are talking about the most important spot on the team a guy who has come up small time and time again. One set to make millions upon millions with large effects on the salary cap. His last weaning season as a QB was 2009 finishing 11-5 and then we start of 1-5 with him before he goes out injured. Then 8-8 last year him costing us at least two wins all by himself which wold have helped Dallas make the playoffs. This year he is credited with 15 Turn Overs (not all on him but he is part of the blame).

Sorry if I am reluctant for the guy to be extended when you can always franchise a guy. This guy does not get the benefit of the doubt that a Peyton, Brady or Brees gets period.
  8. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

3,220 Messages
    475 Likes Received
    correct. it will set the franchise back half a decade.

dumbest decision ever.
  9. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

3,220 Messages
    475 Likes Received
    And failing miserably at it!

The guy has missed on eight td passes already this season.
  10. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,950 Messages
    1,391 Likes Received
    This thread is hilarious.
  11. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,581 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    It's Clarence Hill. Surprise!
  12. StarMan

StarMan Well-Known Member

1,028 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    Tony Romo is an embarassment to this franchise. The mere mention of his name elicits chuckles from my coworkers. It simply baffles me that some people still believe in this fool.
  13. xobwej

xobwej New Member

23 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I agree. Romo is pure garbage. I can't believe this waste of a roster spot can't read Dez's mind and throw to where he has decided to run, instead of where he is SUPPOSED to be.

:rolleyes:
  14. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,770 Messages
    606 Likes Received
    Go tell them, there's a customer at the drive through.
  15. StarMan

StarMan Well-Known Member

1,028 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    Yep, all of Romo's screwups are on Dez. :rolleyes:

How do you explain his epic failures before we drafted Dez?
  16. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

32,006 Messages
    7,753 Likes Received
    Well, see, in fairness to our opinion, you just now told us his name elicits chuckles from your co-workers. This changes everything.

I use a fan's position on Romo as my acid test for judging the football knowledge of a fan. Anyone who doesn't recognize what a good player he is, just get's a smile and a 'keep up the faith' from me when we talk Cowboys. Anybody who's a fan of Tony at QB gets actual football discussion. I cannot grasp how anyone but a very young fan can justify spending time even watching football games if they know so little about what's going on that they can't even evaluate basic QB play when they see it. For fans of other teams, who don't see the games necessarily and only get what they hear on ESPN, it's one thing, but for Cowboy fans who are paying attention, it's something else entirely.
  17. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    No, I can promise they remember the Jets and Lions game.
  18. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

32,006 Messages
    7,753 Likes Received
    Ah. I shouldn't have said 'forgotten', then. Should have gone with 'didn't know what they were watching for most of last season.'

Debating *any* fan that doesn't recognize how well Tony played the QB position last season is like arguing with somebody who doesn't believe in the theory of gravity. There's just no satisfaction to be had even in being right if the person you're debating with won't see or can't acknowledge the indisputably obvious.
  19. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,436 Messages
    1,033 Likes Received
    I love the fans who have no friggin clue about football. It would help if you watched the game every once in a while.
  20. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,291 Messages
    243 Likes Received
    Agree. I wish the team would look a little harder for a quality QB coach.