1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Cowboys so confident in Romo they’ve talked extension

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by RS12, Nov 2, 2012.

1. StarMan

StarMan Well-Known Member

1,028 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    The old "if you don't love Romo, you know nothing about football" is a tired and baseless argument. I personally know more Cowboys fans who share my opinion than who share yours. I watch the games and I don't let ESPN or anybody else make my mind up for me. Maybe you're the one who should be paying more attention.
  2. M'Kevon

M'Kevon A Love Supreme

3,298 Messages
    165 Likes Received
    All that shows is a herd mentality, not reality.
  3. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,665 Messages
    1,013 Likes Received
    Cool....so root for another team until he retires. Thanks
  4. Frozen700

12,665 Messages
    1,013 Likes Received
    No it's not. No one is forcing you to hang around.
  5. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,719 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Um ok thanks?
  6. Frozen700

12,665 Messages
    1,013 Likes Received
    No problem.
  7. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    This is one of the very few topics that we somewhat agree on. Romo had an outstanding year last season. I do have concerns about his play this year, but he still offers the best chance to win. The remaining games will give enough information to know what to expect from him in the future.
  8. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,719 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    If Romo is still having these multiple interception games for the remaining of this year and the team doesnt make the playoffs this year or the next, extending Romo is foolish. Time to move on already.
  9. gmb85

gmb85 Active Member

1,486 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Romo is a coach killer. No successful quarterback goes through 3 headcoaches and might go through a 4th.
  10. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,992 Messages
    7,733 Likes Received
    Just because it gets used a lot, doesn't mean it's baseless. There really *is* something to be said for fans who can appreciate QB play and how they can be differentiated from fans who cannot.

As for the Cowboy fans you know personally, I can't speak for them since I don't know them, but if they think Romo's not a good QB, they probably aren't a very sophisticated cross-section.
  11. Gorgeyhopper

Gorgeyhopper Member

111 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I've been a staunch Romo defender but this year he has been terrible. And not just the interceptions either. He seems to be losing his arm. We'd be insane to give him an extension with what we're seeing.
  12. Aikmaniac

Aikmaniac Well-Known Member

4,186 Messages
    177 Likes Received
    Do you have any plays in mind which showed he is "losing his arm"? I can recollect just as many showing he still has as much velocity on the ball as ever.
  13. Gorgeyhopper

Gorgeyhopper Member

111 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I've seen more balls floating and overthrown as well as underthrown as I've ever seen from him. It seems his accuracy is not good this year and the stats prove it.
  14. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,173 Messages
    2,346 Likes Received
    Not re-signing Romo would be patently stupid.

You finally have an emerging defense, and you're 2-3 players from having an offensive line, and now you want to ditch him?

The guy has been a one-man team his entire time as the starter. Don't bail on him now. Doing so would ensure 10 more years of suck.
  15. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,219 Messages
    2,014 Likes Received
    Yep..
  16. ragman

ragman Active Member

228 Messages
    40 Likes Received
    What if Tony doesn't want to re-sign here? He has WRs that don't run the right route, teammates who repeatedly commit stupid penalties, a HC that doesn't know what he's doing half the time, and a large number of fans who blame him for the team's problems. Maybe he thinks he can do better somewhere else. Maybe he's tired of the circus here. He's 32 and not getting any younger. I bet a lot of teams would want to sign him.

Thoughts?