1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Cowboys TE Bennett records strong game

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Aug 22, 2010.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

63,386 Messages
    2,233 Likes Received
    Posted Sunday, Aug. 22, 2010

By CHAREAN WILLIAMS
    cjwilliams@star-telegram.com

SAN DIEGO — Martellus Bennett predicted on his Twitter account earlier Saturday that he was going to have a big day. He lived up to it Saturday night. In his first game of the preseason, the Cowboys tight end caught four passes for 40 yards and a touchdown.

“As long as I keep practicing the way I’ve been practicing lately, I think the coaching staff they want to try to get me involved a lot more,” Bennett said. “Every day in camp, I just bring it every day to practice no matter what. It’s the same thing just different people we’re going against now.”

Bennett’s touchdown – a 19-yard pass from Jon Kitna in the third quarter – was the first he had scored since the 2008 regular season. He had four touchdowns as a rookie but none last year.
    “It felt good,” Bennett said. “That’s where I belong. It felt like I was home. I started to click my feet together, but I didn’t have no red slippers on.”

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/08/22/2417511/cowboys-te-bennett-records-strong.html#ixzz0xLhiri1S