1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Dez Bryant arrested for misdemeanor family violence assault of his fiance

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jul 16, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,524 Messages
    3,364 Likes Received
    By Clarence E. Hill Jr.

_ A promisingly quiet offseason came to an end Monday for Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant, as multiple sources confirmed he was arrested by DeSoto police on a misdemeanor demeanor domestic violence charge.

According to reports, the incident occurred Saturday when police responded to a family violence call in the 800 block of East Pleasant Run. Bryant was charged with a Class A misdemeanor for assaulting a female family member. Her injuries did not require hospitalization.

According to a source, the victim was Bryant's fiance.

Bryant’s attorney Royce West said his client turned himself in when he learned there was a warrant out for his arrest and cooperated with police.

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...iance-ends-quiet-offseason.html#storylink=cpy
  2. WoodysGirl

64,524 Messages
    3,364 Likes Received
    Bob Sturm ‏@SportsSturm
    The Unofficial Dez Bryant Segment Filler Archive has been updated: http://sturminator.blogspot.com/2012/07/dez-bryant-news-archive-updated-again.html

Dan Graziano ‏@espn_nfceast
    Prior to today, Dez Bryant had never been arrested. I'm not sure people realize that.

Not saying being arrested is OK. (It's not.) And not saying Dez hasn't been a knucklehead. (He has.) But overreacting is bad.

Matt Mosley ‏@mattmosley
    Dez Bryant's advisor David Wells: "Dez is very upset about how this happened. He's very remorseful. His intention is not to hurt anybody."

Richie Whitt ‏@richiewhitt
    In light of his arrest today, seems like a good time to re-read my Dez Bryant story from two summers ago. #Cowboys http://bit.ly/NsiHH9
  3. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,539 Messages
    1,861 Likes Received
    Cheap shot Richie Whitt.
  4. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,326 Messages
    354 Likes Received
    What's wrong these women.
  5. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Self pumping much there Richie Witch?
  6. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

8,656 Messages
    473 Likes Received
    They don't know how to dodge?

They haven't watched "Enough"?

They won't stay in the kitchen? (I'll get it for that one.)

Not being serious, of course. The problem is obviously with the one who commits the violence, not with the victim. No matter what "these women" do, it does not justify a violent response.
  7. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    Can't take a punch?
  8. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,614 Messages
    3,506 Likes Received
    I wish somebody would whoop his ***. He was cheap shotting demarco of all people last season too.
  9. JakeCamp12

JakeCamp12 Well-Known Member

2,095 Messages
    72 Likes Received
    Maybe there is more to the story that the Cowboys are not going to offer Bryant a long term deal after his present deal is up. I am tired of these type of problems with our players and if they get rid of Dez after this season it wouldn't bother me a bit. It seems just when you can think you can rely on guys like this, they go and do something completely stupid.
  10. jusdre

jusdre Member

38 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    i say we learn the details of this b4 we make any assumptions or judgements.
  11. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,539 Messages
    1,861 Likes Received
    It wasn't his fiancee.

The media SUCKS.
  12. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    No way we have to jump to conclusions first and plan to get rid of him first

/sarcasm
  13. JerryFan

JerryFan Active Member

1,243 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    That's what I'm saying. It's his mom.
  14. WoodysGirl

64,524 Messages
    3,364 Likes Received
    Closed for inaccurate detail. Posted new thread with updated details.