News: FWST: Dez Bryant is out to repay Cowboys for standing by him

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jul 24, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl U.N.I.T.Y Staff Member

71,713 Messages
    14,368 Likes Received
    By Clarence E. Hill Jr.

chill@star-telegram.com

OXNARD, Calif — . Dallas Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant has no interest in talking about his past anymore.

And while it might be a little unrealistic, it’s a fair position for him to take.

“This whole off-season, I think I killed that already,” Bryant said. “That’s a nonfactor. I’m not trying to sound rude, but that question was a little bit irrelevant. I think there’s no backwards for me.”

Bryant has worked hard to clean up his image since resolving the misdemeanor family violence charge of a year ago. He has taken ownership and definitely matured.

Read the rest: www.star-telegram.com/2013/07/23/5023555/dez-bryant-is-out-to-repay-cowboys.html
  2. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

5,093 Messages
    934 Likes Received
    Proud of this guy...
  3. Signals

Signals Suspicious looking stranger

4,653 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    In spite of everything that has been said about Dez, I am hopeful for him on and off the field. I look forward to good things from him.
  4. Cowboysfan1975

Cowboysfan1975 Active Member

191 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    I'm glad the Cowboys were patient with Dez and stood by him. I can't count the number of fans I heard say to cut him. He has certainly turned the corner, and the Cowboys are going to be rewarded for sticking by a young guy, with a lousy upbringing, and providing him the resources to turn his life around.
  5. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

13,055 Messages
    4,770 Likes Received
    So many times you see young NFL players go through bumps and talk about a new outlook afterwards, only to see the rinse-repeat loop kick in. It's nice to see players like Dez grow-up and mature before our eyes even if they aren't on the Cowboys. Sports needs good stories and good stories are not always about being on the field.

/reality