1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Frederick was continuation of the Cowboys upgrading the trenches

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Apr 26, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,056 Messages
    5,560 Likes Received
    Clarence Hill

Doing that, according to Garrett, is improving the trenches on both sides of the ball. The Cowboys have now taken on offensive lineman in the first round in two of the last three years. They took tackle Tyron Smith with the ninth overall pick in 2011.

“Teams win in 2013 like they won long time ago,” Garrett said. “You win up front. We had to get better up front. The best teams in this league have good offensive and defensive lines. Very few teams in this league win if you are not strong on the offensive and defensive line. We had to turn this thing over. We have been in the process over the last three years to turn the offensive line over. You have to do it the right way. Tyron Smith is a cornerstone player for us. We feel Frederick can be one of those players you build a team around. ”

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...cusing-on-the-fundamentals.html#storylink=cpy
  2. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    doesn't seem like a difference maker to me. Hope to HECK I'm wrong...boy do I.
  3. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    does anyone have quality tape on him? I just watched tape in the other thread on him but it's loaded with plays against UTEP, Minnesota, Indiana, etc....I want to see more tape from opponents like Ohio State, Nebraska (which he did VERY well against btw), Stanford, etc....then make a more informed decision. Pretty darn sure he'll be a guard...Livings should get ready for a pink slip or backup role
  4. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,591 Messages
    1,559 Likes Received
    when they played Purdue he owned Short.
  5. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,064 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Glad you are thinking of making an informed decision, finally. Up to now your comments on the Frederick matter haven't seemed very well informed.

:D:)