1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Galloway: It's time for Dez Bryant to be more like Josh Hamilton

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Aug 31, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,118 Messages
    6,899 Likes Received
    Posted Thursday, Aug. 30, 2012

By Randy Galloway
    rgalloway@star-telegram.com

When it involves strange ways to get your name in the newspaper, we have a couple of local dandies in Josh and Dez. Who knows what's coming next from either one of those guys?

But in that confusing case last week involving "Dez Rules," defenders of Mr. Bryant were pestering some of us in the media with race card-tinted inquiries about why-just-pick-on-Dez.

Their reasoning suggested Dez is no different with his "issues" than Josh Hamilton is with his demons.

Thanks for your opinion, but it's a stupid opinion. Hold it. "Stupid" is too harsh. It's a questionable opinion.At age 23, Dez is still dealing with an age 12 mentality. When Hamilton was 23, he also was not exactly a rock of maturity. Actually, Josh was a stone-cold drug addict, living on the streets because he was banned from baseball.

If nothing else, Josh's story tells us to give Dez more time to breathe and, hopefully, more time to mature at least to the point where he can finally display the immense talent he has in his chosen profession.

At age 26, Josh was on his way back in baseball. So if Josh can be used as a Dez example, Bryant has three human years to get it right, except, of course, three years in MLB life equals about one year in NFL life.

2. JustDezIt

JustDezIt Formerly sm0kie13 ROY

3,647 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    id prefer he didnt become a recovering drug addict.
  3. elcowboi

elcowboi Active Member

871 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    Exactly. Then he went into a bad slump this year also. There's only 16 games played. He can't afford to get into a slump like Hamilton.
  4. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,331 Messages
    1,353 Likes Received
    it's time for galloway to be more like a reporter.
  5. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received

:lmao:
  6. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,139 Messages
    481 Likes Received
    Dez Bryant isn't a drug offender...
  7. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,043 Messages
    786 Likes Received

:bow::bow:
  8. jaybird

jaybird Active Member

708 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    Stupid article! Dez's Mom is the Drug addict. His family is an accident waiting to happen. I believe Dez is a good kid, trying his best to get it right. Hes no Choir boy for sure, but its amazing Dez has accomblish what he has with that up bringing. The Cowboys Org, are trying to protect him from his own family.
  9. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,139 Messages
    481 Likes Received
    Yep...
  10. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,234 Messages
    1,393 Likes Received
    Naw, it's time for clubs in the Dallas area to quit giving him a courtesy bar tab...
  11. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Dumbest article I've ever read. You want Dez to be a drug addict really? :laugh2:

Man these clowns in the media make me :facepalm:
  12. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,825 Messages
    7,552 Likes Received
    See, now, I'd have gone with 'paraplegic deaf-mute.' And, yes, it's time for that.
  13. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,713 Messages
    351 Likes Received
    :lmao2: :lmao: :bow:
  14. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    So we are now comparing a kid with maturity issues (Saggy pants, expensive jewelry and a drug addict mom who can't control herself) with a drug addict.

Respect for Galloway just dropped a ton.
  15. bigtach87

bigtach87 New Member

12 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's hard to have less respect for Galloway....
  16. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,167 Messages
    2,339 Likes Received
    Yeah, Randy, I need a ***** lesson from a hypocritical crack smoking adulterer every time he falls off the wagon. Hamilton can't even carry a debit card because he has zero self control.

I'm hard on Dez, but I would never compare his issues to Hamilton's. Apples and oranges.