1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Galloway: Romo can't save Cowboys from defense, December

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 12, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,028 Messages
    5,507 Likes Received
    By Randy Galloway

rgalloway@star-telegram.com

ARLINGTON -- Season at a December crossroads, head coach under siege for the last week, defense overdoing the holiday spirit by give-give-giving generously.

And by football standards, give-give-giving in a pathetic, incompetent fashion.

Tony, can you rescue this game?

How about you, Dan Bailey?

Mr. Romo gave it a good try and Bailey was good again, same as last week, except, same as last week, a timeout nullified a last-second field goal, this time from 47 yards.

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/1...-save-cowboys-from-defense.html#ixzz1gLbOWASc
  2. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,324 Messages
    950 Likes Received
  3. proline

proline Active Member

1,377 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Galloway states that Romo could have called for the defense to let the Giants go ahead and score on first down on the last TD in order to conserve clock. Do coaches ever actually do that? While it might make some strategic sense, it seems like a loser mentality to me and sends a horrible message to the defense.
  4. Gorgeyhopper

Gorgeyhopper Member

111 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Well the defense was sending a horrible message the whole game so who cares if it hurts their feelings.
  5. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,170 Messages
    1,522 Likes Received
    :laugh2: Perfect answer. Not letting them try to make a play might have actually woken them up to realize how atrocious they were.
  6. jimnabby

jimnabby Well-Known Member

3,799 Messages
    609 Likes Received
    Wow, I've seen people twist themselves into knots trying to blame Romo for losses, but this one might take the cake.:D
  7. Air Force One

Air Force One Active Member

1,818 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    During Garrett's press conference he was asked if he considered just letting the Giants score to save time and he said yes he considered it. He did not elaborate beyond that.
  8. proline

proline Active Member

1,377 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Sorry. I meant Garrett of course.
  9. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,928 Messages
    507 Likes Received
    The funniest part of that goaline situation is I was expecting them to score regardless on first down....low and behold they stopped them, only too lay down on second down, costing a bunch of time.