1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Garrett has big plans for Cowboys' new offensive coordinator

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Jan 20, 2012.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,850 Messages
    1,704 Likes Received
    Garrett has big plans for Cowboys' new offensive coordinator
    By Carlos Mendez
    cmendez@star-telegram.com

IRVING -- Jason Garrett will enter his second full season as a head coach with someone to lean on.

That's how he described new offensive line coach and offensive coordinator Bill Callahan in a news conference Thursday at Valley Ranch to introduce him and new secondary coach Jerome Henderson.

"I'm going to lean on him a lot of different ways," Garrett said of Callahan, the former Oakland Raiders and Nebraska head coach. "He's had great run offenses. He's had great pass offenses. To have that exposure to him, a guy who has so much experience, he's just going to help us in so many ways."

Eventually, that might include taking the playcalling load off Garrett's shoulders.

Garrett said Thursday he can see a day when he is a head coach and doesn't call the plays, but that for now, he wants to keep his chemistry with quarterback Tony Romo...

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/01/19/3673553/garrett-has-big-plans-for-cowboys.html#storylink=cpy
  2. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    just fix the interior of BOTH lines.......that's what we need to do. The offense and Red and Callahan are FODDER. Honestly they are: I've said it for 25 years along with others: games are won up front. We have been soft up there for 16 years now.......something's gotta give or more 6-8 win seasons are in store for us. (listening jerrah?:rolleyes: )

3. rooler

rooler Benched

62 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Garrett said Thursday he can see a day when he is a head coach and doesn't call the plays

now that is good news
  4. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,997 Messages
    2,111 Likes Received
    Even though I think Callahan's title is mostly just that, it's a big step in the right direction. Really caught me off-guard because I didn't expect JG to allow someone into that role.

Certainly Jerry might have a say, but it seems like JG is accepting it at least.
  5. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

25,066 Messages
    12,970 Likes Received
    Absolutely right.

Improve both lines and watch how smart our coaches become.
  6. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

10,837 Messages
    1,749 Likes Received
    Shhh! Allow the realists some more time to rip and tear. ;)