1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Garrett offers explanation for late-game play calls

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 18, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,558 Messages
    3,413 Likes Received
    By Charean Williams

cjwilliams@star-telegram.com

IRVING -- Jason Garrett's play-calling Sunday was questioned by every Monday Morning Quarterback, including his owner. But no one evaluated Garrett the offensive coordinator tougher than Garrett the head coach.

"The most important thing that we're trying to do as coaches is to put our players in position to be successful," Garrett said Monday. "...We always make our decisions based on that, and execution is a big part of that. We go back and evaluate the calls. We go back and evaluate how we executed the situation on those individual plays, and we go forward. We're very process-oriented.

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/10/17/3451798/garrett-offers-explanation-for.html#ixzz1b8xXE62C
  2. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,435 Messages
    406 Likes Received
    I'm not a Garrett fan but I like what he said.

However, a few more losses and his words will be hollow and meaningless. It is all about the W.
  3. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,674 Messages
    693 Likes Received
    You just want to stack good press conferences on top of good conferences. You keep doing that and you're going to have a good football press conference.
  4. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Just put some freaking points on the board... I feel bad for the defense.
  5. MaineBoy

MaineBoy Member

426 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    I am not anti-Red but I am getting there quickly. His explanation is just as empty as most of his responses in press conferences. When they got the ball back the last time he decides to run to take time off the clock - BRILLIANT !! Except that for the game he is averaging 2.6 yds. per rush and now he thinks with the game on the line the Pats will let him run ? The Pats ran better than we did the whole game and what did their coach ? Passed 9 times in a row I think and won the game. Red was too scared to let Romo pass or he got too scared and too conservative and played not to lose. Either way, he blew the game no matter what "process" he thinks he was fiollowing. Big time choke.