1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Jenkins still lacks range of motion in his shoulder, still has ways to go

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jul 26, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,658 Messages
    6,393 Likes Received
    - Clarence Hill

Cowboys cornerback Mike Jenkins is making progress in his rehab from shoulder surgery but he still has a ways to go before he will be cleared to play.

Jenkins will open training camp on the physically unable to perform list. He is at the Cowboys rookie minicamp working with the team's training staff.

That Jenkins could not throw the football overhand while playing coach with a strength coach is not alarming, according to a Cowboys trainer who said limited range of motion was normal with rotator cuff surgery.

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...s-shoulder-still-has-ways-to-go-in-rehab.html
  2. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's not a big deal, the transition from limited to full range of motion is usually abrubt with rotator cuff injuries/surgery. You'll go months without being able to rotate your shoulder completely then in a matter of a week it'll be fine. It's sort of like the flu, you'll often feel like crap for a week or two then just wake up one morning feeling relatively fine.
  3. wittenacious

wittenacious Active Member

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Gives hope to read this. Hopefully his full range of motion kicks in sooner rather than later. Is it a matter of pain being the limiter, or just sort of a feeling of things not being so tight?
  4. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

3,205 Messages
    431 Likes Received
    I have a feeling jenkins wont play until week 7
  5. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,038 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    My initial reading about his surgery said that there was a possibility that he would never regain full movement of the shoulder. Hope it is not so, but....
  6. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,096 Messages
    463 Likes Received
    Oh well... Next man up!
  7. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

38,247 Messages
    4,191 Likes Received
    So did he have rotator cuff surgery and/or repair for instability? That is one huge scar just for RC surgery.
  8. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,953 Messages
    1,848 Likes Received
    I have to disagree. I had the same surgery and it takes a long time to recover and the physical therapy is a must and painful.. my surgery was 4 years ago and it still bothers me.
  9. wittenacious

wittenacious Active Member

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well that gives an opposing, personal experience view of things. Back to wondering WTH we might reasonably expect out of Jenkins come the first half of the season. ???

Shoulda been rehabbing at VR all along, no matter his attitude about "things"... seems safe to say.
  10. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

2,359 Messages
    629 Likes Received
    The rehab process for rotator cuff surgery varies according to the individual. In my case, I rehabbed faithfully and was back to work in 6 weeks at a job requiring almost constant motion of the affected shoulder. There's no standard measuring stick for complete recovery. Persistent rehab exercise at the prescribed times set forth by the surgeon is a key factor. Since Jenkins isn't allowing the Cowboys' trainers to control that activity on a regular basis, it's obviously much more difficult for them to monitor his recovery as they might see fit. It definitely seems to me he's neither doing himself nor the club any favors.