News: FWST: Jenkins will have to manage pain in shoulder, sure it's going to 'pop out again

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 14, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Need A Win...By any means necessary Staff Member

70,927 Messages
    12,907 Likes Received
    -- Carlos Mendez

Cornerback Mike Jenkins said he’s going to have to play with a harness Saturday to keep his shoulder from popping out again. He hurt his shoulder last week against the Giants and played through the injury.

“I’m going to have to do something,” he said. “I’m sure it’s going to pop out again.”

Asked if he can raise the arm, Jenkins shook his head. He was asked about his technique in that case.

Read more:
  2. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Love his agressive style. He clearly is our best CB by far.

My issue is that evertime hes going to make a play, he hurts himself.

He is a stick waiting to break. That can't be good for someone in the NFL.
  3. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

37,326 Messages
    14,319 Likes Received
  4. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

14,364 Messages
    1,803 Likes Received
  5. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

8,366 Messages
    3,857 Likes Received
    I am currently strugging with a similar injury and I don't play NFL football. I am miserable with it -- just had surgery to try to repair it 4 weeks ago.

I am miserable. I have trouble washing my hair.

Whatever Jenkins is, he isn't soft.
  6. bigdrulez3141

bigdrulez3141 Active Member

318 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    My shoulders pop out all the time and pop right back in. its usually sore for a week, tough to lift your arm, and its almost impossible not to be tentative with it. major props to him for finishin the game, hopefully hell be okay for the rest of the season because when it comes out once, its almost guaranteed to come back out at some point until you get your labrum fixed.
  7. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,603 Messages
    186 Likes Received
    I'm popping both of mine in and out as we speak. Sometimes I pop one or both out and simply leave them at home. Gets some strange looks when I'm driving but it's really not a big deal.
  8. bigdrulez3141

bigdrulez3141 Active Member

318 Messages
    42 Likes Received
  9. mmillman

mmillman Well-Known Member

2,153 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    It is called a subluxation and it is a big problem. It will continue to get looser as he plays and his confidence in his shoulder will be shot. Personally he should be put on IR get the shoulder surgery start rehabbing for next year. In the long run that would be best for him and the team.