1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Jerry Jones plain talk: Seahawks were better, imposed their will...

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 16, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,458 Messages
    3,286 Likes Received
    -- Carlos Mendez

Jerry Jones wanted to give credit to the Seahawks, and he wanted to make sure he was understood.

“In everything about playing football, they were better than we were today,” he said after Sunday’s 27-7 loss. “Every aspect of it. So we can call it whatever you want to call it, but they were better than we were today, all the way.”

It was plain, simple talk from the Cowboys owner, who usually convolutes his sentences around themselves to get to a basic point.

Sunday, there were no roundabouts.

“They were prepared. They played ready. They played with emotion,” he said of the Seahawks. “We knew they were a good team when we came up here. And they are a good team, especially at home. So we do congratulate them. This is a disappointment for us, an example for us how about how to play with home field.”

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...owed-how-to-use-home-field.html#storylink=cpy
  2. Bigdog24

Bigdog24 Well-Known Member

1,796 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    Wonder if Jason Garrett was listening to what Jerry said... Somebody email this to Mr Garrett so he can understand what the BOSS expects...

Gruden 2013
  3. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

10,878 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    They weren't good last season, they wont be good this season. The rest I agree with, prepared and up to play us.
  4. RCowboyFan

RCowboyFan New Member

6,926 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    :rolleyes:
  5. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,169 Messages
    593 Likes Received
    I really don't understand why the Dallas media rushes to interview Jerry. Is it in their contracts that Jerry has to be interviewed or what? I wish they would just ignore Jerry, win or lose. They're just feeding his ego. There is no good reason to be interviewing him about anything.
  6. wittenacious

wittenacious Active Member

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I appreciate Jerry's candid comments and read nothing that was overstated or untrue... or inappropriate. Plain talk is right. Hope it has the net effect on the team of encouraging noticeable improvement, if that's not too much to wish for.

Today we were handed a total beat down. Jerry acknowledged that simple fact.
  7. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

4,788 Messages
    338 Likes Received
    If he conducted himself like MOST owners in sports...they wouldn't. But when you conduct yourself like a coach, player, scout etc....then they cant wait to stick a mic in your face....because you are going to attempt to answer like a player/coach...but the reality is you are an owner...and it makes you look even more absurd...and that is EXACTLY what you want if you are a writer....to make a billionaire look and sound like a bumbling blow hard.

Think about it....I am sitting in a sports bar...and almost every cowboy fan in the bar could be heard saying....Jerry is not going to be happy....or I wonder what Jerry is going to say about this. Not ONE. Not ONE could be heard wondering what Garrett was going to have to say. Telling!
  8. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

10,878 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    I actually cant wait to see what Jurha has to say after games. Great comedic value.
  9. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,612 Messages
    702 Likes Received
    Because Jerry makes that avenue available to the press more than any other GM in the NFL. He reduced his contact with the press when Bill was here and we had more a traditional coach-lead team, and then happily reverted back to "Jerry's in control" environment when he left.

It's fun to news google NFL GM's, I bet Jerry is quoted more than all of his colleagues combined in any given season.
  10. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

4,795 Messages
    1,202 Likes Received
    Home fans in Dallas?

HEL-LO
  11. ravidubey

ravidubey Active Member

4,864 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Jerry is the ultimate decision maker in Dallas and he goes out of his way to be available, so of course the media is going to interview him especially since his responses are almost always gold mines of controversy and lunacy.

Jerry's spin is the Seattle HFA won the game. His pet Felix Jones, aging DL, and terrible OL had nothing to do with the loss.

IOW, his bad team-building skills are not to be blamed. This is all on the "better-prepared" Seahawks.
  12. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,134 Messages
    157 Likes Received
    but he is the coach. At least that's what he said on friday.
  13. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,123 Messages
    1,007 Likes Received
    Summed it up perfectly.
  14. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

4,788 Messages
    338 Likes Received
    is this true?
  15. silver

silver Well-Known Member