1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Jerry Jones says Dez Bryant will continue to be used on returns next season C

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Juke99, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Jerry Jones says Dez Bryant will continue to be used on returns next season

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones reiterated on his radio show with Newy Scruggs on KRLD-FM that rookie receiver Dez Bryant will be used on kick returns again next season.

Bryant suffered a season ending fractured right fibula when he was injured on a kickoff return in last Sunday’s 38-35 victory against the Colts.

It raised questions about the decision to use a valuable player in such a high risk situation.

Read more: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...sed-on-returns-next-season.html#ixzz17tuTO3bQ
  2. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Jerry's talking about how Romo will play this season...how Choice is going to get more carries...how Dez is going to continue to return kicks...

It'll never end.

The Cowboys have a coach. Jerry should shut up and let him coach.

All this stuff does is continually undercut the authority of the head coach.

Whether Romo plays...Choice gets more carries...Dez returns kicks...should ALL be the decision of the head coach.
  3. Royal Laegotti

Royal Laegotti Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!

4,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well thanks for the update coach Jones!:rolleyes:
  4. dreghorn2

dreghorn2 Well-Known Member

1,113 Messages
    191 Likes Received
    That was my first thought when i read the headline, it just never ends with this guy, he absolutely does not get it.

This is my number one concern re: Garrett, it appears it will be same old, same old, at Valley Ranch unless somebody comes in there and demands control in the form of a tightly worded contract.

If not, then it appears it will be essentially the same group making the decisions and selecting the players that lead us to this seasons disaster.

I cannot get by the fact that Jones and company thought that this was a Superbowl team, think about that, a Superbowl team.

Wade Phillips or not, they geared up for, and assumed, that they had done everything correctly to ensure a massive push to the big game.

Wow.

So Jerry is humbled, apologizing to the fans, things are going to be different, we are going to be diligent in trying to fix this etc..

Meanwhile week after week after week we get to hear Jerry hold court on everything coaching in Dallas.

Sigh.
  5. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,913 Messages
    486 Likes Received
    coach jones is at it again. will he just shut up and manage team. This is stuff we should be finding out from Garrett not jones. Jerry needs to go on vacation for a couple years and let his son Stephen Run this. Hopefully he isnt like jones aka love being in the media and spotlight.
  6. The Emperor

The Emperor Marcus Aurelius Maximus

3,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You mean the same Stephen Jones that negotiates player contracts, including such players that "Jerry" overpaid for like Marion Barber, Ken Hamlin, and the like?

You people are so misinformed about the inner workings of the Dallas Cowboys that it's beyond frustrating to where it's actually comical and enjoyable.
  7. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I think Garrett is going a great job.

That said, if he isn't able to, or doesn't have the clout to, get Jerry to shut his mouth, I'd rather see us dump Garrett and bring in an established coach who can muzzle Jerry in the same way Parcells did.

We already know, this formula ain't gonna work.
  8. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    ????

Kinda comical.

You knock people for stating their opinions as fact when none of us knows what goes on inside the organization and then make a comment about how "you people" are misinformed.

Sounds like you're stating a fact about what goes on inside the organization as if you have a foundational knowledge that allows you to lecture people about how misinformed they are.

and "you people" is always a favorite of mine, btw.
  9. dreghorn2

dreghorn2 Well-Known Member

1,113 Messages
    191 Likes Received
    Yes i agree, on both counts.
  10. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    OMG... GM Jerry is at it again!!!

:bang2:
  11. SSGMIKE

SSGMIKE New Member

264 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Why would Jerry say this crap...... :banghead:

Let the coaching staff decide this!!!!!!
  12. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

6,064 Messages
    982 Likes Received
    I've heard it said that Jerry doesn't matter that much on a day-to-day basis. Just something that us stupid fans get riled up about.
  13. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,949 Messages
    7,698 Likes Received
    But what if the new coach doesn't agree..oh, wait, I forgot, It's already been decided who's coaching the team next year.
  14. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,469 Messages
    341 Likes Received
    I don't see why people are so protective of players returning punts and kicks. Devin Hester is a starting WR...he returns both punts and kicks; DeShaun Jackson is perhaps the Eagles most valuable player outside of Vick, yet he returns every punt.

It's not that big of a deal...players get hurt in practice, in warmups, even at home...and they certainly get hurt playing their normal positions.

Dez is the best punt returner we have, so of he should return punts.