1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Kevin Ogletree locks up third receiver spot with a knockout performance

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Sep 6, 2012.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

16,688 Messages
    1,137 Likes Received
    Kevin Ogletree locks up third receiver spot with a knockout performance for Cowboys

cjwilliams@star-telegram.com

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Laurent who?

Kevin Ogletree finally did what the Cowboys had been hoping for after seeing him show flashes his rookie season. Ogletree, who had only 25 receptions for 294 yards and no touchdowns in his first three seasons, answered the call as the team's third receiver.

He replaced Laurent Robinson, who left in free agency, and was the best receiver in a game that featured big-name stars Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz, Dez Bryant and Miles Austin.

Ogletree, who is from Queens, N.Y., had eight receptions for 114 yards and two touchdowns. He was the star of stars in leading the Cowboys to a 24-17 victory before a disappointed Big Blue crowd of 82,287.

"I couldn't be more happy," Ogletree said. "I don't want to talk too much as me as an individual. It was a group effort."

Ogletree had touchdowns of 10 and 40 yards, but his biggest play was the 15-yard reception he made on third and 12 at the two-minute warning. It allowed Tony Romo to kneel down in victory formation three times...

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/09/06/4234445/kevin-ogletree-locks-up-third.html#storylink=cpy
  2. trueblue1687

trueblue1687 Well-Known Member

1,672 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    I'll add myself to the list of those pretty critical of Ogletree. I'll also add myself to the list of those completely shocked that he performed like he did in last night's game! Honestly, he looked like a completely different player than in years past. Here's to hoping he keeps up to that level of play.
  3. proline

proline Active Member

1,377 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Congrats to Ogletree for his performance last night. Keep it up!
  4. Phrozen Phil

Phrozen Phil Active Member

3,876 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    I'll add my voice to the chorus. I wonder how Victor Cruz is feeling today?;)