1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Kowalski ready to start at center if Costa isn't

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Sep 23, 2011.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

15,255 Messages
    626 Likes Received
    Kowalski ready to start at center if Costa isn't

Cowboys rookie Kevin Kowalski got his first extended action in the preseason when Phil Costa was out with a strained knee. This week, Kowalski might get his first start in Costa's absence.

Costa reinjured his knee against the 49ers. Kowalski ended up playing the final 19 plays.

"The more reps, the more practice you get, the more experience you get and the more comfortable you get in there," Kowalski said.

Costa did not practice Thursday. He was uncertain Monday whether he would play agianst the Redskins....

Read more: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...rt-at-center-if-costa-isnt.html#ixzz1YkYlrJYC
  2. danielofthesaints

danielofthesaints Well-Known Member

1,046 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    Kowalski has been a pleasant surprise so far this season. If Costa and him can continue to progress through the next few years, we could have great depth at center.
  3. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Go, Killer!!!

You can always trust an offensive lineman whose name ends in "ski"...

:D
  4. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,813 Messages
    184 Likes Received
    Killer Kowalski!
  5. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    and sit Costa because he's been part of the problem IMO...I know he's dinged, but get him healthy and THEN see if he's effective enough to get some push up the middle because so far...and ask Felix to back me up...he hasn't been at all.
  6. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,305 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    exactly what i was thinking. We need a healthy costa because the injuried costa isn't getting to much push in the run game at all.

But maybe the coaches think that a more experienced costa is better against the blitzing skins than the rookie UDFA. Romo is already banged up.