1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Laurent Robinson says he's a good fit with Cowboys

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Jan 13, 2012.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,316 Messages
    1,423 Likes Received
    -- Carlos Mendez

Twitter @calexmendez

Laurent Robinson says he's a good fit with Cowboys, doesn't care if he's No. 1, 2 or 3 receiver

Laurent Robinson, who led the Cowboys in touchdown catches this year after being signed off the street, said he would like to come back and doesn’t care if he’s the No. 1, 2 or 3 receiver.

“I think I fit in good here, you know, getting along good with the guys,” he said Friday in a radio interview on KESN 103.3-FM ESPN. “This is where I want to be. It doesn’t matter if I’m the No. 1, 2 or 3. I feel like I have a good fit here.”

Robinson had a career year with the Cowboys. He caught 54 passes for 858 yards and 11 touchdowns, averaging 15.9 yards a catch, in 14 games. He was signed to a one-year deal in Week 2 after being released at the end of training camp by San Diego....

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...f-hes-no-1-2-or-3-receiver.html#storylink=cpy
  2. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,586 Messages
    2,243 Likes Received
    Smart man.

He knows the ups and downs of the league.

He was a nobody in SD and has found magic with Romo.

His best shot at actually producing is in Dallas, IMO.

Whether or not that's the highest offer remains to be seen.
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,673 Messages
    3,921 Likes Received
    Robinson has likely earned a multi-year deal, and he may get a chance to listen to other offers. But he said money won’t be his prime consideration.
    “Money doesn’t drive me to play this game,” he said. “I play because I like to have fun. I think I have a good fit here with the Cowboys. Got a good group of receivers. Great QB. Witten. The o-line and defense. I think I fit in good here.”

Nice to hear him say this but I'm sure money will matter to a point. I hope the Cowboys give him a good offer I think he has earned that.
  4. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,871 Messages
    10,188 Likes Received
    I'd be surprised if he doesn't come back. I just hope we don't overpay for him.
  5. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,573 Messages
    150 Likes Received
    I cannot imagine him getting away at this point.
    1. Wants to be here.
    2. Doesn't care about status as 1, 2 or 3.
    3. Isn't particularly motivated by money.
    The kid is an absolute dream come true. Happy to be a 3 but good enough to step up and fill more significant roles if need be on a short term basis. And I'm really happy for HIM that he doesn't seem to be susceptible to Alvin Harper disease, thinking he's something that he's not.

I wouldn't begrudge paying him the money he deserves for the contribution he can make to this team going forward. If someone else offers him significantly more than that I guess he'll have a decision to make.

There aren't many players who come through Dallas that don't in the end get the money they've earned. Sign him to a short deal if he wants to keep future options open. Just get him back here for next year.
  6. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,871 Messages
    10,188 Likes Received
    We'll see once free agency starts how motivated he really is by money. Right now it's just talk.